Spoon Rear Strut Bar DIY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoon Rear Strut Bar DIY

Hey guys, I'm looking to purchase a spoon strut bar for my DC5S and just want to know how to install it. I've tried googling around but couldn't find it. If anyone have these installed can you please post a picture of how it looks like after it is installed?

Thanks guys.

Spoon rear struts require you to either completely remove the boot lining near the rear shock mounts or cut the lining and put it back in. The install is simply just undo the two nuts on the top of the shock, put the bar in lining up with the studs and tighten them back up to torque specs. Note that it may be difficult to get your tools into the tight space so check out some universal joints for socket sets.
    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

that sounds a bit complicated... I have a Sub in my boot so I'm not quite sure if it will be in the way of the strut bar. If someone has a picture of it installed it would help. Also removing the boot lining does not sound very appealing =/

Comment

Is there any other strut bar that does not require you to remove the boot lining or cut a hole in it?

Comment

Originally posted by LiteX View Post
          Is there any other strut bar that does not require you to remove the boot lining or cut a hole in it?
          You have to remove the lining mate. Without removing it well....theres no way your going to get to it.
          S2000
          WSID : TBA
          Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
          Smooth As Detailing
          Incar Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
            You have to remove the lining mate. Without removing it well....theres no way your going to get to it.
            There was a guy I met a while ago that was trying to sell me a rear strut bar that connects near the seat belt area, dont know what brand it was so I did not buy it (Not sure how this works). I have a sub in my boot so putting a strut bar in it might get in the way. Does installing a rear strut bar make much of a difference? Or a aftermarket swaybar such as whiteline will do just as good?

Comment

Swaybar will make way more difference mate.

Comment

Originally posted by LiteX View Post
                There was a guy I met a while ago that was trying to sell me a rear strut bar that connects near the seat belt area, dont know what brand it was so I did not buy it (Not sure how this works). I have a sub in my boot so putting a strut bar in it might get in the way. Does installing a rear strut bar make much of a difference? Or a aftermarket swaybar such as whiteline will do just as good?
                You're talking about a c pillar bar mate. Listen to this guy above. Sway bars sway bars sway bars. These small braces are minimal difference
                Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Swaybar would give a much better result.

For the DC5 you can get 3 types of rear braces.

Rear strut brace bolts to your well..strut towers
                  Middle brace which goes behind the seats and bolts to where the seats clicks into (need to cut plastic)
                  C-Pillar brace which bolts to where the seat belts connect to.
                  S2000
                  WSID : TBA
                  Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                  Smooth As Detailing
                  Incar Racing

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, I will just upgrade the swaybar instead =)

Comment

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
                      Swaybar would give a much better result.

For the DC5 you can get 3 types of rear braces.

Rear strut brace bolts to your well..strut towers
                      Middle brace which goes behind the seats and bolts to where the seats clicks into (need to cut plastic)
                      C-Pillar brace which bolts to where the seat belts connect to.
                      Actually there's a 4th type; gate bars that go from the ends of your c-pillar bar to the end of your boot near where the rear lights are.

You can also get additional interlocking setups like:
                      • 5Zigen - Rear bottom strut is connected to the middle strut by a diagonal struct
                      • Miracle X - C-pillar and bottom struts are connected by two crossing diagonal and two vertical braces. Think of a square where the corners are connected by two diagonal lines in the middle and that's what the setup looks like

Comment

Working...
                      X