Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Upgrade on Dc5 TypeS

Hey guys,

Got a 05' Type S. I'm currently looking into improving my brake set up and was wondering what people recommend for brake discs in particular?
    I saw a post on here a few weeks back on CLUBrsx selling a brake upgrade but i can't find that link anymore Does anybody have that brake set up already on their car?

Also would also be interested in some DBA slotted rotors?

I will already be running a set of EBC red stuff on the car.

Thanks in advance
    WTB : [DC5] TODA HEADERS, WHITELINE FRONT SWAY BAR, BUDDYCLUB COILOVERS N+

PM ME!

Depending on what your plans are with the car.. a good set of rotors and pads, some braided lines (not a necessity) and new fluid should really be all you need.
    In terms of what rotors, If you're looking for just a strong street setup, I'd say go with the DBA street series. You can pick them up for about 250-300 a pair and they'll be more than capable.
    The red stuff pads should be more than enough for street use as well, but if you plan on doing track work i would maybe look at something like the project mu pads. a lot of it comes down to preference in brake feel and dust levels, but hopefully that helps.

Comment

As Shaun has mentioned, it really comes down to what your plans for the car are.

If you do not plan on doing any track work, a good set of pads & rotors all round with a good brake fluid flush will work really well.
      If you do plan on doing track work, I would be looking into either a 4 or 6 pot caliper kit on a 330mm rotor with some fairly aggressive pads & rotors, along with braided brake lines.

I recommend Project Mu for brake pads, as I personally find the EBC products to have a fairly small "optimal performance" window and the Ferrodo DS2500 to have have enough inital bite.

When it comes to rotors, RDA slotted & dimpled are a good entry level choice (have used them on my track EG for 4 meets now without a single sign of surface cracking), where I have had DBA 4000 surface crack after one day. Otherwise you can again opt for Project Mu CRD as a direct option to the DBA or go up in the chain to something alot more expensive and aggressive.

If you need prices on Project Mu products or ATS Brake System big brake kits, drop me a PM
      Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
      Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
      Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
      Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Cheers for the helpful info guys.
        Currently i wont be looking at tracking till i feel I'm 1000% confident with it all. I'm currently looking for quite a decent STREET setup.

So the RDA or DBA brake discs sound good. Where would be the cheapest place to look for a set of these? Supercheap/AutoBarn/Repco ?
        Also where would i look at getting some decent braided lines?

Cheers for the help again!
        WTB : [DC5] TODA HEADERS, WHITELINE FRONT SWAY BAR, BUDDYCLUB COILOVERS N+

PM ME!

Comment

Working...
        X