K-Tuner VS Hondata KRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K-Tuner VS Hondata KRO

So I've been to the guys at BYP Racing to enquire about prices on getting a KPRO as well as a tune. A KPRO unit including harness and Type R ecu for a Type S would cost 1.8k alone. They gave me another alternative known as the K-Tuner which is released for the 05-06 DC5 models which costs about 600-700dollar.

Anyone have any experience with the K-Tuner? Only downside about the K-Tuner from what I've heard is that every time you do a performance modification, you will need to take it back to the dealer to get it retuned while the KPRO you can tune it yourself.

K-Tuner is still less than 12 months old. All i know is that it is from the makers of Neptune, so it should be a decent bit of kit.

My opinion would be to use the Haltech Plug & Play for Type S. It has the most feautures of the lot and is an Australian made product.

They can be had for $1495 and if you plan on boosting or going E85, the Haltech will really come into a leauge of its own with flex fuel abilities and boost tuning.

In regards to tuning in NSW, I would talk to Adrian @ SAS Automotive as he is one of the top Honda tuners in the country
    Last edited by sleepingperformance; 24-12-13, 08:32 PM.
    Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
    Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
    Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

I was pretty much dead on getting a KPRO but then the price difference is enormous between the Ktuner and KPRO. The haltech ecu seems like a good ECU aswell but I wont be doing any other heavy mods like turbo or supercharge. So I probably will prefer the KPRO(similar price to haltech) and K-tuner(more affordable). Maybe it would be a good idea to wait until the K-tuner gets more features since it is relatively new to the market and I'm in no rush for a tune.

Comment

To be honest, haltech is the most advanced and a cheaper alternative. Keen on seeing KTuner once it gains some mainstream use.

Comment

We tuned a Type S with 2.5inch exhaust headers back and an injen cai which made 145kws on a haltech.
          S2000
          WSID : TBA
          Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
          Smooth As Detailing
          Incar Racing

Comment

You may think now that the Haltech is not worth it, but if you factor in resale value and the fact it is CANBUS ready (unlike Kpro) means it is a far better choice
            Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
            Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
            Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
            Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Working...
            X