DC5S clutch master cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5S clutch master cylinder

So I believe my clutch master cylinder is on the way out, so am looking for a replacement, preferably OEM. Only problem is I've been unable to find the part number anywhere. I have the part number for the RSX Type-S's CMC but discovered its CMC is different. Any help would be appreciated!

You can call up your local Honda Service/Parts and ask about the price of the item and also the part #.

Comment

However, after abit of online searching, here it is.

#46920-S7A-023

Comment

Honda dealers may or may not give you the part number since they don't want people to mix them up and blame them
        Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
          Honda dealers may or may not give you the part number since they don't want people to mix them up and blame them
          Why would they mix them up when they have access to the database which holds all the part numbers? I have visited my nearest Honda dealer numerous of times to buy basic items and also obtain price quotes.

Comment

I've seen and used this database you speak of. I figured there wouldn't be a reason to withhold it either but my dealer does. Might keep me coming back everytime I need the same part
            Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Your Honda parts centre must not be up to scratch or you're request may some how be mis-communicated. I doubt they are attempting to waste your time.

Anyhow, moved to the general automotive area.

Comment

Ive got a second hand oem one from a dc5r. It is barely used maybe about 10k kms on it. Happy to let it go for $40+ postage
                S2000
                WSID : TBA
                Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                Smooth As Detailing
                Incar Racing

Comment

How does it wear out etc?

Phil hold it for me hun!
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                    How does it wear out etc?

Phil hold it for me hun!
                    From my experience, the most common two ways the DC5 / RSX CMC breaks is.
                    1) One of the 3 bolts that holes together the triangular pressure plate will just snap. You can't inspect it for any visible wear or tear.
                    2) Internally damaged / punctured rubber seals which then no longer create the pressure needed. Also can't inspect it for any visible wear or tear.

Unfortunately, i've had both happen to me. I'm on my 3rd CMC now.
                    First CMC came with my car ran an ORC Clutch and the bolt snapped at ~120,000km
                    Second CMC off a DC5S had 100,000km on it before I installed it using ORC. That lasted 5,000km more before I broke it by over adjusting the push rod on it. Don't adjust anything on the CMC!

On my 3rd brand new OEM now, after having mistakenly purchasing a Civic SI CMC from the states, only to find they don't fit.

Comment

Working...
                    X