Fixing up tiny bubbles in tint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing up tiny bubbles in tint?

I currently have like 6 very tiny bubbles in my tint and seems too petty to actually replace the whole film. Sure i can ignore it, but it bugs me how i've already got it replaced and tiny bubbles are still visible.

So do any of you guys have tips or ideas how i can fix it up myself?

I'm going to leave my car in the sun to see if it helps, but if there's a quicker way of fixing it - please share.

nb. the bubbles are very very very very tiny, yet visible.
    sif it's a girls car
    sigpic

i would just leave it.
    the more you worry about the more annoyed it will make you.

Comment

I had bubbles when I got my tint done...very small minor ones...I used a plastic card (eg drivers license) and pushed it out...but this was like 1hour after I got the tints done...

Comment

just pop them with a razor blade or a pin, worked for me

Comment

If it's fresh tint leave it to dry some more...otherwise u can use a card, but please use a cloth and a card to save you from scratchin the tint...

Otherwise take it to whoever did you tints to have them fix it for you...
          Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

When i had mine looked at by a professional, he said there is nothing u can do about it (6-7yr old tint). Either pop the bubbles and squeeze the air out, or re-tint the whole window

Comment

Mine have those tiny bubbles as well after 3 months , I was thinking to go back to the shop and ask for free tinting as I got lifetime warranty but I can't be bothered after a while as those bubbles will come back.

Comment

What manny said.
                If it's fresh give it time to go away.
                Otherwise get it re-done.
                happyhong says:
                aus only have 3 r
                happyhong says:
                civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

The glue on tint remails tacky for about 3-4 weeks after aplication. After that any remaining bubbles will stay/leave a mark/circle even if you press it down.

If its still under warrenty get them to replace it.

Comment

Working...
                  X