Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buddyclub Pro Spec catback on JDM DC5R fitment issue! help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddyclub Pro Spec catback on JDM DC5R fitment issue! help!

Hi guys,

i recently purchased a used cat-back Buddyclub Pro spec for my JDM DC5 Type R and i seem to be having some fitment issues!

The piping directly after the Cat seems to be resting on the body causing a horrific rattle to the car!

The rest of the piping fits perfectly...

I've attached a few pictures to give you guys a better explanation of it.. I've notice once i bolt everything up tightly the said piping is pushed upwards causing bot the pipe and the cat to rest on the body of the car...

any help would be much appreciated guys!

Ps: I've highlighted in red the section that is resting on the body

Maybe you may need to take to an exhaust place and have it tweaked a bit.. It won't take them long and it won't cost much to get done..
    sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Originally posted by ZIPPIE Type-S View Post
      Maybe you may need to take to an exhaust place and have it tweaked a bit.. It won't take them long and it won't cost much to get done..
      thanks for the reply Zippie Type-S...i'm trying to see if i can solve the problem at home first before taking it to the professionals.

More info: piping size is 2.5' and the exhaust is made for the DC5R so i would assume it would be a bolt-on affair?

Comment

Cam is right. Just take i down to an exhaust shop. Looking from your photos your B-pipe is quite beaten up. Could be bent hangers, or even the exhaust itself taking about of deformity. There isn't much that we can suggest to solve your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by dc21 View Post
          thanks for the reply Zippie Type-S...i'm trying to see if i can solve the problem at home first before taking it to the professionals.

More info: piping size is 2.5' and the exhaust is made for the DC5R so i would assume it would be a bolt-on affair?
          Yes it is a bolt on affair, but look at the b-pipe area. It clearly shows signs of wear and "scrapage". Even 3" exhaust can be made to fit under the car with minimal clearance problems.

*Thread Moved to General Section of Automotive.

Comment

That bpipe looks every familiar. Did you buy it off someone in sydney?
            sigpic

Comment

A quick fix will be a spacer which can be attached between the midpipe and the cat. Had the same issue with the J's racing exhaust on a DC5s. The spacer basically made the midpipe sit a bit further down and increased the gap between the pipe and the body. so you need a piece of metal the same shape as the connecting bit on your 3rd pic. hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
                That bpipe looks every familiar. Did you buy it off someone in sydney?
                Nope, car is in Auckland, New Zealand and bought it locally! maybe all buddyclub midpipes are plague with the same problem?

Comment

Originally posted by jboi View Post
                  A quick fix will be a spacer which can be attached between the midpipe and the cat. Had the same issue with the J's racing exhaust on a DC5s. The spacer basically made the midpipe sit a bit further down and increased the gap between the pipe and the body. so you need a piece of metal the same shape as the connecting bit on your 3rd pic. hope that helps
                  Sounds like a plan! thanks for that!

i had a chat with the previous owner and we came to a conclusion that the pipe is deformed from the damage it sustained from the condition of it.
                  will be taking it to the exhaust shop to have it fixed over the weekend and see what they say!

Stay tuned!

Thanks for all the advice guys! much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                  X