Upgrading Wheels necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading Wheels necessary?

Hey guys so I'm currently using original JDM wheels 17x7 +60offset (on my DC5S). The current mods I have on my car are I/H/E. What I want to know is if later I decide to install KPRO will my rims be able to handle it? I heard people say you have to upgrade the stock rims when your car have more power. And if I decide to continue using the current rims, will it have any disadvantages because the offset is different to the AUDM +45.

When considering wheels and tyres it's always best to remember that the compound of the tyre is far more important than the size. So a sticky tyre in a smaller size will always outperform a poor tyre in a larger size, all else being equal. So if you like the wheels you have then just get some good tyres (Dunlop ZII, Hankook RS3, Federal RS-R, Advan AD08R, Kumho KU36, Bridgestone RE11A) and be happy that firstly you've bought the best performance modification that you can do to a car, and that your car will have more grip and be safer in all situations (in the dry anyway) when compared to some fool that spend all his money on 17x9/10...whatever wheels and nankang tyres.

Comment

Thanks charger, was planning to spend money on some decent tyres hoping I wont need to change my wheels in the future. What do you think of bridgestone Potenza S001 tyres (215 45 17 91Y)? Dont want to spend over $250 per tyre.
      Last edited by LiteX; 30-11-13, 07:49 AM.

Comment

I rate RS3 !!!!!!!!!! Should get them lower then that price at JAXQuickfit . Call a couple they all charge differ!
        sigpic
        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          I rate RS3 !!!!!!!!!! Should get them lower then that price at JAXQuickfit . Call a couple they all charge differ!
          I came across this today. Two different Jax places about 10 minutes apart, and a $30 per tyre difference on a set of RS3s

Comment

Working...
          X