Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car shudders and turns off when stopped.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car shudders and turns off when stopped.

Hey guys, on the weekend i was driving my car and then when coming to a stop the car would drop in revs and then appear to start to turn off. Even when accelerating the car felt weak, but once it started moving it felt fine. i thought it was low on fuel so i went and filled up but only got to 30L so the car must of had around 20Litres still in the tank. Anyone know what could have been causing this.

Thanks

Spark plugs? How do they look?

Comment

I'm not to good with cars aha, how do i check if theyre alright? but would that cause it seeing as it only happened then and when i refuelled it was alright?

Comment

Originally posted by nazzri View Post
        Hey guys, on the weekend i was driving my car and then when coming to a stop the car would drop in revs and then appear to start to turn off. Even when accelerating the car felt weak, but once it started moving it felt fine. i thought it was low on fuel so i went and filled up but only got to 30L so the car must of had around 20Litres still in the tank. Anyone know what could have been causing this.

Thanks
        I have a similar problem that emerged after dyno runs on saturday. When coming to a stop and clutching in, the revs would drop to ~600RPM and engine feels like it stalled for a second then revs come back up to normal at around 850. Spark plugs look okay, they've only done 1000km. Any ideas?

Comment

What car? Any relevant modifications? Read the rules.

Comment

Anyone know what could have been causing this.
            sounds like a problem with your engine maybe?

virtually impossible to tell without detialed information, such as recent changes, last tune up, last service etc etc

btw - why does your fuel gauge not work?
            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by PENUT View Post
              Any ideas?
              start a new thread?
              ... retired/

Comment

2001 DC5R, its got a lot of mods, thats how i bought it so i dont know much about them.
                -BUDDYCLUB fully ajustable coilovers
                -HARDRACE engine mounts
                -HARDRACE lower control arms
                -BEAKS lower tie bar
                -ULTRA RACING front and rear sway bars
                -MONZO fuel pressure regulator
                -INNOVATIVE fuel rails
                -INJEN cold air intake with k&n pod filter
                -Full HKS hi power exhuast ( with hi flow cat)
                -70mm BLOX throttle body
                -Skunk2 Intake Manifold
                -HONDATA K-pro ECU tune
                -BUDDYCLUB alloy radiator, with silicon SPOON hoses
                -INJECTORS
                -K-Tuned Short shifter

I heard that it could be the fuel pump or fuel filter?

And i thought my guage didnt work because i think the same issue happened to my dad before and he filled up and it didnt happen anymore so he thought it didnt work. But as i went to fill up i realised that the tank already had a decent amount of fuel in it so it does work.

Comment

Yeah, same as me. Please let me know if you find what the cause is

Comment

2001 DC5R, its got a lot of mods, thats how i bought it so i dont know much about them.
                    so you have no idea when the last service was done, if at all?
                    ... retired/

Comment

Idle speed control motor sticking causing slow or no response. Throttle body dirty with carbon and requires clean out!

Remove both and clean with throttle body cleaner and a clean rag. refit throttle body and iscm. disconnect battery for five minutes.refit battery and see how you go then.

If you don't know how to do this take it to some one that dose!

Comment

Originally posted by wpg81 View Post
                        Idle speed control motor sticking causing slow or no response. Throttle body dirty with carbon and requires clean out!

Remove both and clean with throttle body cleaner and a clean rag. refit throttle body and iscm. disconnect battery for five minutes.refit battery and see how you go then.

If you don't know how to do this take it to some one that dose!
                        yeah could be! the previous owner has changed the throttle body but he has stuck it on with silicone, so hard to remove. But why does it only happen when i am low on petrol?

Comment

yeah could be! the previous owner has changed the throttle body but he has stuck it on with silicone, so hard to remove. But why does it only happen when i am low on petrol?
                          20L isnt low on petrol. Was the petrol old. Are you runnings E10 ect.
                          sigpic
                          128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                            20L isnt low on petrol. Was the petrol old. Are you runnings E10 ect.

yeah, sorry i mean around 20L. Not e10 but my dad had filed it up with 95 before hand but i put 98 in so i guess i have to wait and see how it goes. Could it be because it has been tuned with 98 it was because of the 95?

Comment

moved out of Technical forum and into General Automotive
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X