Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine dampers and mounts.

Hi guys

To my understanding Hardened engine mounts and engine dampers do similar, if not the same tasks.
    My question is can an engine damper be somewhat used as a substitute for Hardened engine mounts?

What are you trying to achieve
    Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
    http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

In my opinion, torque dampers do little to nothing except add a bit of a bling factor
      Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

You get one or the other.

Damper if you think mounts are going to be too stiff... which they aren't.

Comment

ive seen enough broken dampeners to know they are virtually useless for improving performance.
          ... retired/

Comment

Agree with Tinkerbell. I had one of these engine damper things back in the day, then I got real mounts, turfed the damper and never looked back. To give some anecdotal evidence against them, with just the damper my Gruppe M airbox still moved around enough under hard use for it to be dislodged from it's slot in the cowl panel. Once I fitted ESMM inserts and then later Innovative mounts I didn't have this issue any more.

Comment

Originally posted by cartoon View Post
              What are you trying to achieve

It's just a general question. But my own car eventually will probably be seeing the track once or twice a year.
              So the general consensus is that engine dampers are pointless?

Comment

Looks nice. Thats about it
                sigpic
                128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

I had mounts first then added on damper. Vibrations increased notably so it SHOULD be doing something, maybe lessening the stress on the mounts ?

Comment

Working...
                  X