Why do S2K's have such high KM's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do S2K's have such high KM's?

Every time I take a sticky beak at them on car sales most of them sit at the 150 000 - 200k mark 0_o it's hard to believe this amount of KM's in a 2 seater roadster!

Yeah I kind of understand what your getting at but some of these cars are 14 years old now, so do the math on average km's being set at 15k per year.
    You would naturally think, being an enthusiast car, and a 2 seat roadster at that, that most cars would have below average kms.
    You also have to consider that these cars(due to there impracticality) get turned over quite often, so I only assume that people only own them for short periods, but make the most of it and get out and slap those laps
    02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

A lot of young people own s2000's or have owned and they cruise and drive a lot so its only normal.
      S2000
      WSID : TBA
      Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
      Smooth As Detailing
      Incar Racing

Comment

Burnouts. Racking up them klm
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
          Burnouts. Racking up them klm
          Alex you genius!!
          Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

I'm going to do my burn outs in reverse when I get mine, lower the km's that way right??
            02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Look at the cars age, its normal for them to be above 150ks now
              My R34 just hit 200ks (as the cluster shows), thats normal for a 15+ year old car to reach this many ks

Comment

Because they are addictive to drive therefore it is inevitable that people do some km in them
                | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

i know if had one it wouldn't be sittin in the garage!

only, 10 min drive = 1hr reverse burnout?? 0_o

Comment

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
                    A lot of young people own s2000's or have owned and they cruise and drive a lot so its only normal.
                    I always cringe when I see a S2000 for sale with either P plates on it, 20 inch rims or the guys name is Mohammad, ect ect ect...

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by justinfox
                    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Painful truth.

(same could be said of DC2Rs for sale ... )

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
                        I always cringe when I see a S2000 for sale with either P plates on it, 20 inch rims or the guys name is Mohammad, ect ect ect...
                        Your not the only one, so many abused examples out there, it's sad, good ones are really hard to find and are commanding a price premium,
                        I think the markets at a bit of a tipping point now where good low km ones may actually begin to go up in price

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
                          Agreed, but let's keep racism out of this =)

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
                            Agreed, but let's keep racism out of this =)
                            No ones being racist champ.. I'm just being honest..

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by justinfox
                            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

You were thinking it

Comment

Working...
                              X