No announcement yet.

Import EP3??? possibly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow i'm due for an upgrade.....looks like this is high up in my most likely to buy list.

Comment

did someone say CW EP3???

http://www.drive.com.au/used-cars/HO...&pp=2&d=0&nv=1

this one is at Edward Lee's on Parra Road - well thats who is importing it. It wont actually be avail for another 3 months apparently. $24990 price is complied - just needs rego.

Comment

is an 01 model going to cost 33k normally? that is alot....

Comment

2001 to 2003 model 26k to 29k range ,2004 to 2005 model cost 31k to 35k depend on condition and kms. (On road cost)

Comment

There is currently a CW EP3R sitting out front of Edward Lee's...
            Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

Originally posted by Manny View Post
              There is currently a CW EP3R sitting out front of Edward Lee's...
              Yeah, I saw it on the way back from the City.

Comment

I test drove the Edward Lee's CW EP3 last Friday.

Interior is roomy and looks good. Love the rich red floormats. Feels solid and chunky, especially when compared to my DC2R interior.

Exterior, suprising to me, I actually like it... It's less a `van' and more a hot hatch in the flesh. But I think any import will need a little work, they must sit around in holding yards for a while, even after being detailed it needed TLC.

Driving; Firstly, the driving position is brilliant All controls fall to hand well and the seat has great shoulder support. This is best driving position and visibility versus DC5 and DC2. I love the gearknob being close to the steering wheel, I just don't like how it looks though! Function wins over looks.
                Steering is ok, similar to DC5 in feel. More torque steer and squirmy under power than DC2 and a little devoid of feel, but still quite good. Turn-in is very crisp and the car chassis feels tight and solid. The car felt secure mid-croner but it had RUBBISH cheap tyres that slid at 15kmh on roundabouts. So the overall handling feels good, but hard to really say without good tyres.

The engine and gearbox are the best part of this car. Below 4K there isn't much, 5-7 it picks up, 7-9 is nuts! The gearbox can change as fast as you can move your hand. The K20a really is a great engine and you would buy this car just for it. I can ony imagine how hard it would go with some light tuning. The clutch is very light.

Ride is much improved over DC2 and once again similar to DC5 in being more compliant while still handling corners well. This car would be a much better daily driver than a DC2R, but I think that also means it doesn't quite have the same hard edge, which is personal preference.

So overall, a great car that feels very chuckable, respsonsive and explosive top end. But I wouldn't buy it for 30K+. I think mid 20's is more realistic for a 6 year old car, otherwise buy a DC5 and power it up.
                http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

How much were they advertising for?

Comment

$31999
                    http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

i believe you can import a 2001 EP3 for around $25-29K

Comment

Originally posted by M a i k e r u View Post
                        i believe you can import a 2001 EP3 for around $25-29K
                        yep cheaper depending on condition and km's on the clock
                        Originally posted by tinkerbell
                        if anyone is under the impression VTEC is in any way bad for your engine - please understand that it is NOT bad for your engine,

maybe your drivers licence, but not your engine...

Comment

I went past Eddie Lees 2 weeks ago, the day that the CTR was taken off the truck, i got a wet arse from the soaked seats after the detailer. He said it was worth 26K, my mate went in in like last week and they said 34K, weird ha?

I think they feel people are prepared to pay the money for it, and have bumped up the price because alot of us have gone to check it out in the last couple of weeks creating alot of hype......you can import one and have it complianced for around 27-28K..... as all imported cars they loose there value very very quickly....
                          Last edited by JORDS; 06-06-07, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Just no one go buy it, then they'll realise it and drop the price

Comment

Originally posted by JORDS View Post
                              I went past Eddie Lees 2 weeks ago, the day that the CTR was taken off the truck, i got a wet arse from the soaked seats after the detailer. He said it was worth 26K, my mate went in in like last week and they said 34K, weird ha?

I think they feel people are prepared to pay the money for it, and have bumped up the price because alot of us have gone to check it out in the last couple of weeks creating alot of hype......you can import one and have it complianced for around 27-28K..... as all imported cars they loose there value very very quickly....

I have seen some extremely and i mean extremely stupid prices from those bunch. Keeping up the good record of dealers i guess

Comment

nice.... thanks for the write up chucks.

good to see those beast around.

Comment

Working...
                                X