Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Light ON

Hey guys,

I'm about to buy some after market headers. I've heard that once you install the Toda Headers your engine light will turn on. Is this normal and is there a way to fix this? I also read that you have to change the o2 sensors so that it will use the right amount of fuel.
    Last edited by LiteX; 01-10-13, 07:12 PM.

moved to General Automotive
    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by LiteX View Post
      Hey guys,

I'm about to buy some after market headers. I've heard that once you install the Toda Headers your engine light will turn on. Is this normal and is there a way to fix this? I also read that you have to change the o2 sensors so that it will use the right amount of fuel.
      It's normal, due to more flow.
      You can get an O2 sensor defouler to fool the ecu into thinking it's still using the stock header and cat. It's what I did =]
      Otherwise a tune will fix it.

I never had an issue with fuel so I don't know about that

Comment

Originally posted by iVTEC_R View Post
        It's normal, due to more flow.
        You can get an O2 sensor defouler to fool the ecu into thinking it's still using the stock header and cat. It's what I did =]
        Otherwise a tune will fix it.

I never had an issue with fuel so I don't know about that
        Where may i find a o2 sensor defouler? so the engine light will not be on?

Comment

Where may i find a o2 sensor defouler? so the engine light will not be on?
          I bought this one at the time on Ebay, though that seller doesn't appear to be selling it anymore...
          http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayIS...m=290749221847

You'd want something similar to that and get an angled one for much better clearance.
          Bear in mind these defoulers will not guarantee prevention of the Check Engine Light from appearing, it will just help lower the chance of it showing up

Comment

Its a common issue when changing to a better flowing header.

Its an easy and cheap fix.
            Mine is similar to this

Also you may need to extend the o2 sensor wires depending on where the o2 sensor is located on the Toda headers.
            Simple plug and play wire can be found as well.
            Last edited by Timmy_B; 02-10-13, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
              Its a common issue when changing to a better flowing header.

Its an easy and cheap fix.
              Mine is similar to this

Also you may need to extend the o2 sensor wires depending on where the o2 sensor is located on the Toda headers.
              Simple plug and play wire can be found as well.
              Do you know where exactly i can find them? there is heaps on ebay which i dont know which one are good.

Comment

I got mine from ClubRSX site which has now changed to Kseriesparts.
                Great customer service from these guys as well.

http://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/CLU1-CEL-ANG.html
                (Site has been updated and having a few issues with viewing items, so best to send them an email with what you need...)

Comment

Which workshop is good to go for installing the headers? (in sydney)

Comment

I'd recommend Dedy @ Top One or Hume mufflers in Liverpool/lansvale
                    Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
                      I'd recommend Dedy @ Top One or Hume mufflers in Liverpool/lansvale
                      How much do you think the labour cost will be?

Comment

How much do you think the labour cost will be?
                        Best to call and ask
                        Have a read of my build thread

Comment

I bought a defouler prior to installing my Toda headers thinking the same thing, but ended up selling the defouler as it wasn't needed. Had the headers on for 2 years with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Symphorced View Post
                            I bought a defouler prior to installing my Toda headers thinking the same thing, but ended up selling the defouler as it wasn't needed. Had the headers on for 2 years with no issues.
                            you didnt need the defouler because your cel light didnt turn on? or u just dont mind the light on..?

Comment

Hey guys, so I recently got my Toda Headers+cat installed at BYP racing. I also bought the right angled defouler off them because they say this will stop the CEL/Engine light from turning on. Everything was good for a week, until today i saw the CEL light lit up unfortunatly =/. So i called back BYP Racing and they said they will fix it for me but there is still a chance that it will turn back on later. Does anyone else have this problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X