Wide wheels on dc2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wide wheels on dc2

hey guys, im planning to go with with 9inch wide wheels on my dc2, was just wondering, any bad consequences ? and if you've already have 9inch wide wheels on your dc2, i'd love to hear how you fit them on..

Originally posted by afp View Post
    , was just wondering, any bad consequences ?
    not that i would know from personal experience, but your car will probably be much less enjoyable to drive...

have you checked this thread:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...96%BA%E2%96%BA
    ... retired/

Comment

any bad consequences-- the car will fall over.
      Really though running to wide tires create more drag. in turn slowing you down. And having a small tire stretched on a wide rim is just stupid, dangerous and decrease the performance in every way! not to mention the weight increase of a larger wider rim / tire!
      sigpic
      128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Plus extra strain on other components

Car will follow the road a lot more to
        Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
        http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
          not that i would know from personal experience, but your car will probably be much less enjoyable to drive...

have you checked this thread:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...96%BA%E2%96%BA
          like it'll be more stiffer on the road is that what you mean? yeah i checked out the thread though i dont seem to find many people running 15x9 +10 on their dc2

Comment

like it'll be more stiffer on the road is that what you mean? yeah i checked out the thread though i dont seem to find many people running 15x9 +10 on their dc2
            because its dumb!
            sigpic
            128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
              because its dumb!
              Gotta agree here.

If you seriously wanna run that size check some USA forums. They do silly shit like that all the time
              Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
              http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

like it'll be more stiffer on the road is that what you mean?
                no, like "enjoyment" as in driving your car being a pleasant and satisfying experience...

can we ask why you want to fit such wide wheels? what is the purpose if increasing the width?
                ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                  no, like "enjoyment" as in driving your car being a pleasant and satisfying experience...

can we ask why you want to fit such wide wheels? what is the purpose if increasing the width?
                  Stance and to be cool to say you run stupid wide/offset rims.

15x9 +10 will stick a LONG way out the guards, like a long way! It will be Mexi-flush unless you are running a huge wide body kit or bolt on flares. As Tinkerbell says but in more of a blunt way, it will handle like SHIT! Because you will be running quite a bit of camber to make them fit it will tram track like hell.

I am running 16x8 +38, 215/45 with 3 degrees camber up front and the rim lip in just inside the guard and that scrubs on heavy braking and turning(on the circuit)

There is a yellow dc2 in QLD that is running RPF1 16x9 i think, I will try to find the pics of it.

Comment

I will be running 17x9 + 22. Will be a massive headache to fit as you've either gotta get custom flared guards, or roll your guards like mad and also space out the fenders. If you're not making significant power, dont bother with the headache.

Comment

yeah the wheels i plan to put on is a mad headache already... i plan to buy coilovers/camber it for both fronts and rears to fit em on, i put em on today and found out i need hub re-locators aswell, so yeah.. if it gets too much im just going to put it on for sale for them mx5 owners lol and get some sensible wheels

Comment

Originally posted by TOU93 View Post
                        There is a yellow dc2 in QLD that is running RPF1 16x9 i think, I will try to find the pics of it.
                        Thanks man, that'll help alot

Originally posted by Fallenangel View Post
                        I will be running 17x9 + 22. Will be a massive headache to fit as you've either gotta get custom flared guards, or roll your guards like mad and also space out the fenders. If you're not making significant power, dont bother with the headache.
                        yeah are these 17x9+22 going on a dc2? says your in livo, im around the corner, maybe when your car is done or when my car is done, we can see it in person

Comment

Yep on a dc2r. More than happy to show you. But tbh, I wouldn't bother with it if I still had my stock engine and by the sounds of it, sell your wheels and get something like 16x8 +38 and you won't have that much headache.

Comment

Originally posted by Fallenangel View Post
                            get something like 16x8 +38 and you won't have that much headache.
                            yeah, i'd do that but i just need my car back up and running again and im not prepared to wait for my wheels to sell, then wait for the right pair of 16/15x7/8 to show up and then all that shenanigans all over again haha

Comment

These are actually 17x10, but in this photo you cant see that the fender actually sits about 20-30mm out from the door, to space the fender out so it doesn't scrub.

Comment

Working...
                              X