Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you guys get in and out of your Recaros?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you guys get in and out of your Recaros?

How do you guys get in and out of your recaros?

Or any other bucket seat for that matter.

Comment

Fixed back Sparcos
      - Pull your self towards the steering wheel and pass the right leg over then support your self with the roof.

Getting a quick release and slim line hub to give me more room
      Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
      http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

slide the seat all the way back. And when i get in and out i dont put any weight on the side.

I hate it when people slide in. I always warn people how to get in
        sigpic
        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

I actually bought some removable covers for my Sparcos that protect the side bolster where you end up sliding in/out perfect invention!
          Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
          http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

No fat one in the front seat, they pull the sides and rip it. Lucky I'm a skinny busted

Comment

man ima big guy. its a fucking hustle getting in and out of seats. i do the good one hang on to the jesus handle like a monkey bar and swing my leg out for support but still my bolsters are getting fucked... looking for a ep3r recaro swap... apparently there more roomy for big guys

Comment

I'm extremely fussy with mine.
                From driver side, I put left leg in first and lower the body, prop myself with my right arm on the door jam so I'm lifting myself up slightly and onto the seat, rather than slide into it. This way there's no contact at all with the bolsters.

It looks a bit weird but my bolsters are in great shape and condition because of this.
                I make all passengers, girlfriend or mates, get in and out the same way lol
                Last edited by iVTEC_R; 13-08-13, 11:52 PM.

Comment

swing right leg out and just use that as support along with the door. Because my grandma is immobile, she sits on the bolster to get out lol......so i avoid the dc5 when shes with me hahah
                  Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Seems like there's alot of different techniques. I always get my big mates to sit in the back. haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathannnnn View Post
                      Seems like there's alot of different techniques. I always get my big mates to sit in the back. haha!
                      I'm on my phone, so I'm just going to reply to your PM here as it slightly relates.
                      Keep in mind, I have a bride seat with bolsters that are quite high.

I found it easier to get in and out of it when it was mounted lower as it made it easier for me to prop my leg against the door jamb but if you must raise the height of your seat; here's how I did it.

For my seat, when you take the rail off, there are four high tensile bolts securing the seat to the rail. Go to bunnings or another fastener joint and get similar bolts that are longer by however much you need the seat raised... then go to a machine shop and have them make up an aluminium spacer the height you need, pop it between the seat and the rain and bolt it a back up together.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Open the drivers door, hold onto the jesus christ bar lift your weight over the seat and into the recaro that way you don't damage any bolster. I use to push from my door handles but that made my door sag LOL
                        https://www.facebook.com/teamgradeA?ref=ts&fref=ts

www.happystance.net - Australian photographer

http://www.nikolaznguyenle.portfoliobox.net/

Comment

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
                          I'm on my phone, so I'm just going to reply to your PM here as it slightly relates.
                          Keep in mind, I have a bride seat with bolsters that are quite high.

I found it easier to get in and out of it when it was mounted lower as it made it easier for me to prop my leg against the door jamb but if you must raise the height of your seat; here's how I did it.

For my seat, when you take the rail off, there are four high tensile bolts securing the seat to the rail. Go to bunnings or another fastener joint and get similar bolts that are longer by however much you need the seat raised... then go to a machine shop and have them make up an aluminium spacer the height you need, pop it between the seat and the rain and bolt it a back up together.

Hope that helps.

Thanks heaps mate!

Comment

Originally posted by nikolaz01 View Post
                            Open the drivers door, hold onto the jesus christ bar lift your weight over the seat and into the recaro that way you don't damage any bolster. I use to push from my door handles but that made my door sag LOL
                            Hahah! Jesus christ bar! good stuff

Comment

Here's a Jim Glickenhaus quote some of you might be familiar with:

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she’ll be more desirable to her next boyfriend."

So you've bought the car, put all the stuff in it...sure, take care of it, but accept that there'll be wear and tear. I've had/got bolster protectors on my previous Sparco and current Brides - if they wear out, so be it. When I bought the DC2R, I had the bolsters repaired. I just get in and out and not stress about it.

Do you worry about your girlfriend getting friction burns?

Comment

Working...
                              X