Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things i need to know

Hello all!
    I am looking at my first type r EP3 on the weekend and i was wondering since this is my first time looking at one if there is anything i should look out for? I know the basic things when checking out a car but just asking if there is anything that i should keep my eye out for.
    Thank you!

Hey, the guys from the UK have collated a pretty comprehensive checklist if you have the time to read through:
    http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/sh...3-Civic-Type-R

But here are the main things I've seen:
    Unless the kilometres are GENUINE and low on the car, budget for new engine mounts. Hasport, Innovative, Mugen are well good.

Squeaky steering rack not to be worried about, that's easily sorted with the right sort of grease.

Get someone or yourself while the bonnet's open to hold the revs at say 3000rpm and listen out for any knocking noises coming from the engine. Because if there are, stay way or be prepared to rebuild or drop in a new engine.

As I said before, the link I gave you is much more comprehensive

I'm no expert, but I'm sure other guys will share their wealth of information =D
    Good luck for the car search mate!

EDIT: I should also point out the UK guys have a slightly different spec EP3. They have less power, no LSD, no recaro seats. If you can, it's worth getting someone who knows these cars inside out to go inspect with you And as with imports, check carefully for signs of rust, or cover-ups of rust.
    Last edited by aRze; 08-08-13, 11:33 PM.

Comment

1. Engine mounts
      2. Given the age, the clutch
      3. Door window seals.
      4. Headlights for oxidation. VERY hard to fix and clean
      5. Squeaky steering rack (easy fix and no problem)
      6. 2nd gear crunch

That's what I can remember.
      Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Unless milano red, signs of respray cpuld mean accident history. If milano red, respray could mean accident history. But less likely
        Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Working...
        X