Windscreen Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windscreen Replacement

Has anyone got their windscreen replaced before? If so, from who?
    Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Originally posted by stienerv2 View Post
    Has anyone got their windscreen replaced before? If so, from who?
    hey I got mine replaced by O'Brien after their winsdcreen chip fixing technique didnt work (they give you a free replacement if it doesnt work)
    Had to wait a few days to order it in, because it is an odd shape, but they didnt do the best job. and the top of the screen shows the underside of the headliner from the outside.
    wouldnt recommend

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Oh wow, i have to reconsider using O'Briens than. Anyone else with other experiences?

Comment

Yer O'Briens is sh!t. went back to them 3 times. Once due to the windscreen sitting to low. twice because it was leaking and they didnt glue the bottom of the windscreen. just sides and top. They also broke all the clips holding the plastic down. There sh!t!

Id use NRMA next!
        sigpic
        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

We use National Windscreens down here at work,
          never had a problem with them at all.....
          sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
            hey I got mine replaced by O'Brien after their winsdcreen chip fixing technique didnt work (they give you a free replacement if it doesnt work)
            Had to wait a few days to order it in, because it is an odd shape, but they didnt do the best job. and the top of the screen shows the underside of the headliner from the outside.
            wouldnt recommend
            With O'brien's chip fixing, they charge different prices to repair depending on the car, and the price of a new screen.
            If the screen costs more to replace, then the chip repair costs considerably more..
            Example: A new screen for most common cars costs us $135 fitted, cost price is cheap so a chip repair would be about $60.
            On a screen from a euro car that has radio aerial, light and rain sensors, a new screen would be $5-600 or more, and a repair on a screen like these costs near $250+....
            sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

oh wow, good info. I think I paid around 150 for the chip repair, which didn't work, and after a month I got the whole thing replaced at no extra cost.
              The issues were that the top part of the windscreen did not have the OEM black shading (not sure what its called) on the top edge so it showed the headliner. And also the plastic trim surrounds that were glued back on only held for a few weeks before they started coming off.

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

AFAIK DC2R's have thinner windscreens and most places don't stock OEM windscreens but the generic thickness ones. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Comment

Originally posted by SPL_K View Post
                  AFAIK DC2R's have thinner windscreens and most places don't stock OEM windscreens but the generic thickness ones. Please correct me if I'm wrong
                  Your right the dc2r had a thinner windscreen, but I think it's since been discontinued and is no longer available. I to could be wrong but I recall a thread a few years back where a member picked up the last 'lightweight' screen that Honda Aust could get/had
                  02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

i damn, if only you i saw this post 2 days ago, just just got a dc5 towed with the windscreen...............
                    AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

Originally posted by ZIPPIE Type-S View Post
                      With O'brien's chip fixing, they charge different prices to repair depending on the car, and the price of a new screen.
                      If the screen costs more to replace, then the chip repair costs considerably more..
                      Example: A new screen for most common cars costs us $135 fitted, cost price is cheap so a chip repair would be about $60.
                      On a screen from a euro car that has radio aerial, light and rain sensors, a new screen would be $5-600 or more, and a repair on a screen like these costs near $250+....
                      135?
                      god damn where from, thats cheap

Comment

Originally posted by hello View Post
                        135?
                        god damn where from, thats cheap

That is trade price from National windscreens...
                        Not retail..
                        sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

I'm pretty sure most type r models have thinner glass.

Comment

Yeah, i am gonna give a company in Castle Hill a go. Its $279 and they come to you. I've called a few places and and the prices range from $210 - $513.

Instant Windscreens are the most expensive with the glass = $400.

Comment

Working...
                            X