Tools - which is your sword?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tools - which is your sword?

So what brands do you guys swear by or swear not to use?

What sort of tools for DIY can't you live without, and what are the sorts you never use?
    Last edited by cordz; 06-07-13, 04:37 PM.
    Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Kc tools - ratchet spanners, socket set, torque wrench, screw drivers
    Dermal is a must
    Sikifkex is the only caulking brand I use
    Dewalt drill and impact driver
    Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
    http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

cable ties hands down!
      S2000
      WSID : TBA
      Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
      Smooth As Detailing
      Incar Racing

Comment

I swear by Snap On but if you cannot justify the price Repco branded are pretty good and come with a no questions asked lifetime warranty
        Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
        Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
        Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
        Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Hands.... My pitiful flimsy hands.
          Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Snap on is amazing,

I did love sidchrome and kingchrome when they were made in AUS, not the case anymore
            Just going for a drive ~146.4kw~

Comment

My Stanley screwdriver and socket set, love them
              Have a read of my build thread

Comment

I've got several old sets of sidchrome and kingchrome. Still great quality. But my tool of choice:

Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

^

is that a weapon?? haha
                  Just going for a drive ~146.4kw~

Comment

Originally posted by Batchy View Post
                    ^

is that a weapon?? haha
                    It's leverage for when I can't get my impact wrench into tight spaces
                    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

As long you use the tools for the intented purpose then any brand will do . ATM we are using MiniMax tool range made in Japan and so far there great!

Most tool brands now are made in asia countries to reduce cost hence the competitive prices.
                      BYP Racing & Developments
                      Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                      STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

toolbox1.jpg
                        Snap-on of course.
                        My favourite tool is my 3/8 drive 7.2volt impact gun.
                        Great for those small jobs..
                        sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

I'm a plumber, so I'm hands on tools everyday, the tools I use may not relate to working on cars but here's my 2c worth
                          For battery and power tools I'd only buy and recommend DeWalt. The only issue I've ever had is with the older style chucks on the 18v hammer/driver/drills, the new ones seem to be lasting ok. My DeWalt impact driver has completely amazed me(and others that have picked it up) it runs rings for outright power, and has done so many hours I cant believe its still alive. Probably the only downside to DeWalt gear is that it's not as light as many other brands but its not something that has ever concerned me.
                          As far as hand tools go, while expensive, you cant go wrong with Ridged, and there multi grips are the only ones to buy.
                          As far as brands not to buy, I'd stay away from Hitachi, just from personal experience,(many swear buy it)the only two things I've ever bought, a jigsaw and large hammerdrill both ended up being fixed under warranty, shitting themselves at 6 and 3 months old.
                          I've used a lot of different brands and tools over the years so hit me up guys if you want to know more specific info
                          Last edited by gunpoons; 06-07-13, 02:44 PM.
                          02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

I am a apprentice sparky and I love the new Ramset cordless drill. But you have to be careful with these as they have a lot of torque. My company uses a lot of Hilti drills they are good too. DeWalt is of course one of the best but are very expensive. As for socket sets my personal preference is bahco and sidchrome. For the decent price socket sets you cant go past stanley. But one tool I can't live without are pliers. A sparkies best friend
                            sigpic

Comment

Lol, pliers to a sparky are what multigrips are to a plumber,
                              Hilti is awesome, really light weight and powerful but it is baller spec shit, 4 times the price of DeWalt gear
                              ^As a sparky you should try out DeWalt speedboars, best ive used by far, have a mad fat shank and no winglets to snap off, pick em up from the states at a fraction of the price of those shit Irwin ones
                              02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Working...
                              X