X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fitment of Voltex Type 5 1700mm GT Wing (CT9A) on a DC5R

Hi Guys,

I'm going down the track and considering going back to another street DC5R. But as my plans go, I want to be different ~ like always! I had an insight of bolting up a Voltex Type 5 1700mm GT Wing that suits a CT9A but going onto a DC5R chassis. For the past 48hrs, I have been looking for measurements of a stock EVO9 wing bolting point and the size of the CT9A (EVO8/9) boot ... but couldn't find anything (I could be just looking in the wrong places :/). I was hoping that someone here can help and give advice about this and if it would fit nicely onto the boot of the DC5R. I am not worried about drilling the extra holes (will have to for the J's Racing one anyways), as long as it fits onto the boot and does its purpose, then I'll be happy.

This is the only info that I was able to get from my research ... from Hondatech

RSX spoiler dimensions
    WIDTH 14.75 Inches
    BOLT TO BOLT (FRONT) 47.25 Inches
    LENGTH 53.5 Inches
    BOLT TO BOLT (REAR) 46.75 Inches
    HEIGHT 3.75 Inches
    FRONT BOLT TO REAR BOLT 3 Inches
    NUMBER OF BOLTS 4

Am now currently looking into other direct fitments for the Type 5 wing that would be close to the DC5R boot size.

Also planning on using 275mm stands and a gurney flap & also reinforcing the mounting point by making a plate to plate mount for more stability and that it wont fly off.

It be great if you guys can help me out and give me a guide

Thanks very much!

Stephen Carroll
    QLD Co-ordinator

I don't know if I'd use the stock spoiler / holes as a reference.

My J's spoiler I have 4 holes each side, only using 1 of the stock holes.

Probably best find one that suits the width and work from there.

Comment

I know that the Special Mounts utillize the stock holes so no extra drilling is required ... thats why I am also finding out the boot size!

Comment

Now that I come to think of it, all I need to find out is boot sizes of the CT9A (EVO8/9). Seems that both Standard and Special Mounts end up coming right to the end of the boot.

Comment

for the record,
          My INGS+1 Z Power Wing fitment was perfect, stock holes!

Comment

Yesterday I sent and email to JDMConcept, but couldn't help much at all due to not being a Voltex Official Distributor and also figured that the J's Racing GT Wing had a price rise from $1850 to $2250 (thats huge)!

Then went and made a email to Vision R because they are a Voltex Official Distributor, hopefully they can figure something out for me

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
              Yesterday I sent and email to JDMConcept, but couldn't help much at all due to not being a Voltex Official Distributor and also figured that the J's Racing GT Wing had a price rise from $1850 to $2250 (thats huge)!

Then went and made a email to Vision R because they are a Voltex Official Distributor, hopefully they can figure something out for me
              Aussie dollar has gone to the shit heap remember that

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post

J's racing wing at carbon plus for around 1k with your choice of stand height
                1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                  J's racing wing at carbon plus for around 1k with your choice of stand height
                  I'm sure they make replicas of them ~ I don't really want a replica.

Comment

I've been told the widest width of an evo9 boot is 50 inches. I might resort to fabrication some custom base mounts for the wing. Might over hang over the boot but will use polyurethane padding so it doesnt scratch or damage the boot. Something I might have to do in cad and print out a 1:1 scale template. Cad is so handy when it comes to things like this, glad I aced it in school

Comment

After much enquiring, I've found out I can get a made to suit custom order wing from Voltex to suit the DC5R. Looks like all my problems are solved I'd though it would cost an arm and a leg (like $3.5k) but ends up being same price as every other Wet Carbon Type 5 Wing

Comment

Working...
                      X