No announcement yet.

Wakefield Park dirt won't come off!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ not always. I had a customer who took his Audi to a car wash and they ruined his wheels. They used some aggressive wheel cleaner and it took off the clear coat.
    Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Sorry for the late reply guys... iPhone5 failed!!

I appreciate all the input!!

I think the mud got baked on!! I'm not real gentle on this poor car!!

Ill try the soak method when this rain eases off!

Also to note I destroyed a set of project mu brakes and engine mounts on Monday!!!

Comment

Didn't realise engine mounts got torn on the day Issac, felt fine and powering down nicely when we were in the car. Were they stock mounts or Hardrace already?

The rear wheels mud comes off easier? If that is the case may be it's the heat that baked it on as you suggested ie turning the clay rich mud into pottery.
        Proudly no longer a member of any WA based Honda forums.

Comment

Ah, shame to hear. I'm going to have a crack at cleaning the car once the weather dries. Relying on elbow grease and ChemTech HD wash to so the job. I doubt the mud has actually baked on.
          Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

My engine mounts are standard. The question is innovative or Hasport for an upgrade?

I think I'll start a build thread for the filthy Harlet!!!

Comment

Hasport comes with lifetime warranty on there mounts (minus bushes) Not to mention local warranty :P
              BYP Racing & Developments
              Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
              STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Ace!! Easy choice then!!!

Comment

Hot soapy water and time will clean them up. I just plasti dip mine now and if I can't clean it I just remove the plasti dip.

Also a tip for next time,wax the car up prior to allow some protection in the paint or use something like street wrap.
                  Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
                  http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Originally posted by cartoon View Post
                    Hot soapy water and time will clean them up. I just plasti dip mine now and if I can't clean it I just remove the plasti dip.

Also a tip for next time,wax the car up prior to allow some protection in the paint or use something like street wrap.
                    Awesome advice Fielding, I might just plasti dip the whole car!!

Comment

Your wife/gf/parents are going to hate me for this but...

... soak them in a hot bath! Half a wheel at a time, hot water and dynamo (yeah, the clothes washing stuff).

Worked a treat for me.

If you really love your car you can climb in with the wheel...

TMI?

Actually, some wheels will fit in a laundry sink but where's the fun in that?

BTW... don't get naked with concentrated dynamo in the bath.... ask me how I know
                      1988 CRX
                      1999 Integra Type R
                      2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Hahaha!!! I soaked them Late last night and just trying to scrub them now. I think the big brakes cooked the mud on cause the backs are now clean and fronts still the same!!

Ill be refinishing these wheels in my booth this week I think!!!

Comment

Plastidip will be your new track day friend
                          Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero

Comment

If you still have problems try find Stelco wax & grease remove. Its the strongest thing I have used for wheels. Scrub with bug sponge

Comment

Originally posted by tyk View Post
                              If you still have problems try find Stelco wax & grease remove. Its the strongest thing I have used for wheels. Scrub with bug sponge
                              I'm still getting no love from these wheels! It looks like terracotta. Lol ill try some W&G in the morning!! Cheers tyk.

Comment

Get an old toothbrush out dude

teamGROUNDzero

Comment

Working...
                                X