Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do I need to look out for in a DC5R?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do I need to look out for in a DC5R?

hi guys just joined up in this forum. and so i have a few questions that if you guys could help me out.
    although i dont know much about honda integra dc5rs but i am keen on learning and interested.

so i just wanted to ask is im looking for a dc5r, what should i be looking out for?
    ive found a few good deals but im not sure if theres any issues that i should be aware of when buying one?

if you guys got any advice please leave a comment please!

would be really grateful and appreciative!

Just do the normal look, like you would for any car.
    Check exhaust smoke from cold right up to warm.
    Spark plug condition
    oil level and condition
    All number match. eg vin, Type R plaque, plates, engine number
    gap in between all panels are the same and aligned, including wheels to fenders
    Any noticeable damage
    Water around spare wheel. Common problem is leaking tail light gaskets
    Drive the car and listen for knocks, bad wheel alignment and engine noise. Dont be afraid to drive the car, and push it alittle.
    Get under the car and look for leaks rust and damage to the under carage !
    Go through all the electrics

I always ask the owner if there any thing broken, damaged, oil leaks or any thing i should no with the hole car.
    If you start to find noticeable things and the owner said nothing, there more then likely lieing about more!

good luck
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Start off with asking the owner about existing problems and or damages. If he doesn't tell you and you find two or more things I would walk away as there may be a lot more problems he is hiding, especially because once you ask him he'd simply say "oh really? I didn't even notice" or some garbage like that.

Happened a lot in my experiences in buying a car.
      Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

please close this thread

Comment

Working...
        X