Best road tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best road tires?

Hey I've still got my stock wheels 215/45R17 with RE050A's on the front. I've been looking and can't really find any answers but I was thinking of replacing them with RE002's but have no idea which would be better for road gripping conditions as my car would sometimes wheel spin (dependent on how bad the road quality is of course) once it goes past 4k-5k in first gear. What has everyone gotten for their stock wheels?

I had re001's on my stock wheels, awesome tyre and have only herd good things about re002's as I will be purchasing them soon.
    Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Direzza Z1 Star Spec

Comment

Used KU31 a few times. Feels good, provides confidence but could be better. The tread lasts forever though so I think it's a good compromise for street use

Otherwise look into KU36, you won't have any complaints about grip for those on the street i'd imagine

Comment

Originally posted by tRipitaka View Post
          Direzza Z1 Star Spec
          Direzza Z1 only have a few sizes available, 215/45R17 is not available..
          sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Ku36 and RS3
            sigpic
            128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

I had set of dkreeza z1 in 215/45/17...they must have stopped production of tgat size... weird as its a commin size.

Imo best road tyre is a choice in between ku36/31.

From comparison i had a set of four ku31 in 215/40/18 fitted and balanced.for $500. Recently i had for $656 235/40/18 and 225/40/18 ku36 fitted and balanced... relatively similar pricing but one tyre will give you much better performance whilst the other one will last a very long time! Was unsure which one i wohld take but i decided to give the 36 a go. Impressed with its handling and imo it isnt as bad as people say when you drive in the wet. I'd like to reply again in this thread in july 2014 after a full year drivong and see the treadwear on the 36. Who knows i might report sooner if they're bald. Haha
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
                I had re001's on my stock wheels, awesome tyre and have only herd good things about re002's as I will be purchasing them soon.
                Imo the re002 are a waste of a tyre.... overpriced.. spending $1k you might as well get an even better tyre such as direzza or ad08 etc.

Only time i would consider a set of re002 is when bridgestone offer their buy 3, get one free offer.
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Yeah RE002 are expensive.
                  Best option are KU's
                  Backyard Special.

Comment

You're got plenty of tyres to choose from in that size, any of these will provide more grip than the RE001 or RE002, but they'll have other tradeoffs like noise, harshness and accelerated treadwear.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ZIPPIE Type-S View Post
                      Direzza Z1 only have a few sizes available, 215/45R17 is not available..
                      They've been superseded with the Z2

Comment

im using dunlop sport Maxx on my dc5 - got 4 tyres (235/45/17) brand new from bob jane for $150 each. handling is ok but it is too noisy.

used toyo T1R's on my Rx7. I love the t1r. fantastic tyre.

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                          I had set of dkreeza z1 in 215/45/17...they must have stopped production of tgat size... weird as its a commin size.

Imo best road tyre is a choice in between ku36/31.

From comparison i had a set of four ku31 in 215/40/18 fitted and balanced.for $500. Recently i had for $656 235/40/18 and 225/40/18 ku36 fitted and balanced... relatively similar pricing but one tyre will give you much better performance whilst the other one will last a very long time! Was unsure which one i wohld take but i decided to give the 36 a go. Impressed with its handling and imo it isnt as bad as people say when you drive in the wet. I'd like to reply again in this thread in july 2014 after a full year drivong and see the treadwear on the 36. Who knows i might report sooner if they're bald. Haha
                          Ku36s on the front lasted me 6 months.
                          sigpic
                          128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Re050A's are an excellent road tyre, last time i checked it was a $400 tyre.
                            ive used kumo ku36's before there great for the money but they have nothing on the bridgestone re050's and 001's etc

Comment

Don't forget about bob Jane zenon z7. :P I can tell you first hand how awesome it is. Hahaha ;( what a waste of money.
                              Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Working...
                              X