Oil Smoother (J's Racing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Smoother (J's Racing)

Wondering whether anyone has used this product before?

http://www.oilsmoother.com/en/

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.p...-oil-smoother/

Here are some comments from a DC5R in the UK which recently used this pröduct.

Many of you will know there was a group buy of the J's Racing Oil Smoother supplied by Jono at RE Spirit. I had bought a bottle because I had already tried this at the JRM/Sumo Power day last year. Mr Murikami kindly let me, Porthos, Claire (J's S2000) and Jono have a sample to put in our cars and see how it felt. I think we all felt a bit dubious if not unsure about putting Titanium balls into our engines but we were assured by Mr Murikami and his interpreter that it would be ok. Happy to report all cars are still running!

So, after an oil change (engine, gearbox) I thought it would be a good idea to try this product out on fresh oil and report back whether its worth the money or more importantly to most people, is it safe?

Ok so my car is;
    2002 ITR
    98687 miles
    Used daily on a mixture of roads
    Engine oil is Fuchs Pro S changed 10/03/2013
    Hamp filter
    Running Ad08's and standard wheels
    New gearbox oil
    Brakes are free from binding

The reason why I mention the gearbox oil, tyres, wheels and brakes is that on the open road these will all factor in what you feel overall in the car. Almost everyone will have a slightly different setup and so could feel differences no one else could. Dyno's are great for outputs but Mr Murikami wanted to know how the car felt after putting the oil smoother in on an open road.

First thing I noticed was how quiet the engine was. Now my tappets were done about 25K ago so perhaps need doing but it made a difference.

Coasting is improved/ engine breaking is reduced

Smoother idle

Slight torque improvement

Overall power delivery is smoother

Now I know what your thinking, Placebo. But no. This product does work. It's not a miracle powder (you have to pay a lot more than £40 for that!!) but it does do what J's Racing claim, which is good enough for me. Ok, price is a bit steep but if more people buy it then hopefully prices will come down.

I will let you know how I get on with this over the next month. See if I still get the same results. I have yet to find out if MPG has improved as I only put it in yesterday but my guess is yes, marginally.

Adam

Hm... this is very interesting
    sigpic

Comment

Any Aussies want to Guinea pig this in their car ?
      Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Am very skeptical about oil additives, a good quality oil shouldn't need any additives to improve its quality... Am sure no citr members would put cheap ass oil in their engine... I personally use nulon synthetic...
        sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

I'm going to try and get my hands on one. ZIPPIE, as skeptical as you may be, i'm sure the guys who went into the R&D department producing this product put alot of effort before producing a product that could potential damage your engine. J's Racing has alot on their reputation to be promoting such product.

Comment

What do you hope the additive will do for you Norm?

Benefits as listed by the OP in his review:
            • Coasting is improved/ engine breaking is reduced
            • Smoother idle
            • Slight torque improvement
            • Overall power delivery is smoother

I believe the validity and claims of the oil are possible, although the testing method used in this example is a bit dubious to me. I think the benefits listed by the OP are contaminated by the fresh fluid change.

Even if it does do as stated, personally to me, the cost does not justify the benefit.

I personally believe a well matched motor oil to your application will lubricate and protect a motor as its designed to, and people should buy only what they need
            Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

this is all i have to say:

perticle.jpg
              Attached Files
              ... retired/

Comment

YES!!!!

Another thing to add to my list of mods in my build thread! WHAT A
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                  What do you hope the additive will do for you Norm?

Benefits as listed by the OP in his review:
                  • Coasting is improved/ engine breaking is reduced
                  • Smoother idle
                  • Slight torque improvement
                  • Overall power delivery is smoother

I believe the validity and claims of the oil are possible, although the testing method used in this example is a bit dubious to me. I think the benefits listed by the OP are contaminated by the fresh fluid change.

Even if it does do as stated, personally to me, the cost does not justify the benefit.

I personally believe a well matched motor oil to your application will lubricate and protect a motor as its designed to, and people should buy only what they need
                  Completely agree Mugsee. The testing doesn't really have proper controlled subjects. Too many variables and you are correct about the fresh oil. I think I really wanted to just prove the listed improvements and see the difference myself. But I don't want to achieve anything. Maybe a before and after on the same dyno with additive to validate the claims.

Comment

You will find that most additives that go into your oil either thin or thicken the viscosity of whatever oil is already in the engine.

As Mugsee has stated, the correct viscosity and grade of oil matched to the particular environment the engine will be in will work best and out perform "x oil" + J's Racing additive.

I would however, like to see an oil analyst test to see excatcly what this additive modifies, because i would suspect it to have a VI thinner and anti friction additive
                    Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
                    Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
                    Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
                    Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

watajk

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                        Completely agree Mugsee. The testing doesn't really have proper controlled subjects. Too many variables and you are correct about the fresh oil. I think I really wanted to just prove the listed improvements and see the difference myself. But I don't want to achieve anything. Maybe a before and after on the same dyno with additive to validate the claims.
                        sounds like an expensive validation (or otherwise lol!) norm!

IMO - anyone who cannot spell 'particle' is not really gonna have much for me to be interested in...

and from what i have seen - all dyno testing of oils or additives in general is going to show you that the changes are so small that they can be just put down to error margins...

and the killer - if it *really* worked, wouldn't Mobil, Shell, etc etc be onto it already?
                        ... retired/

Comment

I guess I'll pass on this one then haha.

Comment

you coudl try this one:

... retired/

Comment

hahahha... gold!

Comment

Working...
                              X