Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake Manifolds... RBC or Skunk2?

Hey fellas,

I'm looking at getting a new intake manifold and throttle body to compliment my eventual tune.

I see lots of people with the RBC manifold because it's cheap and fairly effective and OEM, but from what I've read the skunk2 one has better fitment (especially with a skunk2 throttle body) and doesn't need any adapters or anything and is pretty incredible quality. I know theyre pricey, but I don't mind paying for things that I know will be top quality.

Anyone with either of these got some advice?

Thanks in advance

Might want to pop over to either itr-dc5 or clubrsx for a read on their numerous rbc vs. rrc vs skunk2. Threads. Depending on setup, skunk2 gives highest gains but rbc is best bang for buck.
    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Yeah read up on club rsx bud, seems the skunk2 is more targeted to the top end of the rev range and the k24 market. Much of a muchness really, comes down to price in the end, what does a modded rbc, tb, tb adaptor and hondata gasket total?
      If your in no rush, skunk2 will soon be releasing there ultra series manifold, might be worth waiting to see it's cost and dyno results when it comes out.
      Of just say fuck it, go balls out and put that money and a bit more into itb's
      02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Cant go pass OEM quality and reliability. Most of our street set-up is equipped with our RBC and 70mm throttle body package
        BYP Racing & Developments
        Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
        STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
          Yeah read up on club rsx bud, seems the skunk2 is more targeted to the top end of the rev range and the k24 market. Much of a muchness really, comes down to price in the end, what does a modded rbc, tb, tb adaptor and hondata gasket total?
          If your in no rush, skunk2 will soon be releasing there ultra series manifold, might be worth waiting to see it's cost and dyno results when it comes out.
          Of just say fuck it, go balls out and put that money and a bit more into itb's
          And a defect while we're talking power gains
          Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Originally posted by benson View Post
            Cant go pass OEM quality and reliability. Most of our street set-up is equipped with our RBC and 70mm throttle body package
            I agree with Benson, if you're looking for quality the RBC manifold will be better than the Skunk2. Same goes for throttle bodies. No idea about power gains, I'll report back after I've run my car with RBC .

Comment

Working...
            X