Tyre sizes !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyre sizes !

Hey guys, just wondering if it would be okay to fit 205/50/17 tyres on rims that are 17x7 ? These would go on my dc5 for the rears.

The fronts would be 225/45/17 on 17x7.

What do you guys think ?

It's okay in terms of fitment but I wouldn't run staggered tyre sizes on the street without good reason. Why not just use a 225/45 at both ends?

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
      It's okay in terms of fitment but I wouldn't run staggered tyre sizes on the street without good reason. Why not just use a 225/45 at both ends?
      Because it came with the rims.. Would this be a problem or will I have to change the tyres ?

Comment

Which one came with the rims? 225? Or 205?

If 225, might as well run it all around (although strange the staggered boss is telling someone not to run staggered )

Comment

Staggered tyres on non-staggered wheels. :/

225/45/17 will be perfect fit for those specs.

Comment

Whats weird is the 2 came with 225/45/17 and the other 2 came with 205/50/17.

Is it safe to just leave them ?

Comment

Bump !

Comment

Define safe? Driving a car is by definition not safe, it's up to all of us to determine our acceptable level of risk. Driving with mismatched tyres is less safe than the correct sizes. Whether it's acceptable is up to you, but keep in mind that it is a risk which could negatively affect you or others.

Personally I'd save up and get the correct size.

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                If 225, might as well run it all around (although strange the staggered boss is telling someone not to run staggered )
                I never recommend staggered tyres for street use . And if you take note when you see me drive on the street you'll see that I drive very conservatively because I know that my car is much much more unstable during turn in and sudden direction changes when compared to an unmodified car on non-staggered tyres.

Comment

Working...
                X