Valve cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve cover

How's it going guys just a simple question to paint the engine valve cover would I have to remove the oil ?? And what colors do use recommend I'm thinking a gloss black or metallic red ?
    Thanks

Originally posted by AQdc5 View Post
    How's it going guys just a simple question to paint the engine valve cover would I have to remove the oil ?? And what colors do use recommend I'm thinking a gloss black or metallic red ?
    Thanks
    Nah mate you don't have to remove the oil as oil only sits in sump, filter and oil galleries when the car is off.
    Color is just a matter of personal choice
    S2000
    WSID : TBA
    Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
    Smooth As Detailing
    Incar Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
      Nah mate you don't have to remove the oil as oil only sits in sump, filter and oil galleries when the car is off.
      Color is just a matter of personal choice
      Ahh I see that's alright then been holding back thought I had to remove oil thanks man

Comment

Just make sure you somewhat cover it with a non-fibre sheet and not leave it too long. Dust can still get into the engine.

Comment

If possible use a paint that is able to survive some higher temps. Otherwise the paint may crack/chip etc.

Comment

And make sure you mask everything up properly, especially around the spark plug holes.

Comment

Working...
            X