New Advan AD08R launched in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Advan AD08R launched in Japan

The new Yokohama Advan AD08 R has just been launched in Japan. Here is the press release including sizing details.

http://www.yrc-pressroom.jp/html/20133810tr001.html

http://www.yokohamatire.jp/yrc/japan...van_ad08r.html

The press release claims that the AD08 R incorporates a new compound with a higher carbon content for improved dry grip and silica for improved wet grip. The polymer blend has a higher molecular weight that provides improved rigidity and resistence to tread wear over the outgoing AD08. Initial tests indicate that the AD08 R is potentially a better tyre than the track-focussed A048.

Contact your local retailer to put pressure on the distributors to make these tyres available in your market as soon as possible.

The AD08 R will ultimately replace the outgoing AD08 in all listed sizes over time, however the AD08 will still be made available in those sizes not currently replaced by the AD08 R, until the factory converts production.

Pricing should remain stable for both the new AD08 R and the superceded AD08s.
    Last edited by felixR; 23-08-20, 08:35 PM.

According to Yokohama - these tyres will be available for purchase in Australia some time in July.

Comment

Picked these up yesterday, literally had just cleared customs and arrived in the local distributor warehouse.

Fitting them this weekend, I had the regular AD08s on the Evo and they were by far the best street tyre I've ever used.
      Last edited by Jim80y; 05-07-13, 11:01 AM.
      ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

Tried buying these in mid july in 245/40/17 but they only have two tyres left. Apparently yokohama says more wont come until oct time attack. So i got a car with fresh suspension and needs an alignment, with new rims and no tyres. Now i cant drive for 3 mths!
        eckoflyte

Comment

Seems like yokohama are pretty slack in stocking our aussie market, even though the demand is there.
          eckoflyte

Comment

Such a beautiful looking tyre!

Comment

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
              Tried buying these in mid july in 245/40/17 but they only have two tyres left. Apparently yokohama says more wont come until oct time attack. So i got a car with fresh suspension and needs an alignment, with new rims and no tyres. Now i cant drive for 3 mths!
              You could import these directly from Japan from Jesse Streeter and they'd arrive by air mail (EMS) in 4-6 days. The only drawback is that they'll be more expensive (if you choose this option), because of the shipping costs.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
                Seems like yokohama are pretty slack in stocking our aussie market, even though the demand is there.
                The demand for new 'top of the range' tyres is so high in Japan (upon their release), that it's very difficult for any export market to get a look in, until the hype dies down and everyone in the Japanese domestic market that wants them - has them. Having said that - you can specially order them from your local dealer. Just be prepared for at least a three month wait atm and be forced to wring every last ounce of tread out of your current rubber. These AD08Rs will be worth the wait.

Comment

They've landed!

Comment

Nice!

Where did you get yours from?
                    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                      Nice!

Where did you get yours from?
                      Bob Jane T-Marts

$760 fitted and balanced, which makes them the cheapest tyres I've ever bought and possibly the best

Will get them put on the car when my RE-11s are exhausted - which isn't too far away (probably another 1,000km)

Will give my impression as soon as that happens

Comment

Working...
                      X