Starter solenoid grinds in cold weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starter solenoid grinds in cold weather

I hate cold mornings. My poor starter solenoid sticks and makes the most ungodly grind.

Morning all.

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
    I hate cold mornings. My poor starter solenoid sticks and makes the most ungodly grind.
    Ha you should get that sorted before it buggers the ring gear, the starter or both.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
      Morning all.

Ha you should get that sorted before it buggers the ring gear, the starter or both.
      Tom, is it really a priority? Just wondering as it's only happened a handful of times in the last year of ownership.

Comment

^^ I am also curious to know if it could lead to a potential problem, it has only started happening to my car recently too.

Comment

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
          Tom, is it really a priority? Just wondering as it's only happened a handful of times in the last year of ownership.
          If it doesn't happen that often it will probably take a long time to cause any damage, probably not urgent in that case. There's a big thread about it on OzHonda: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
            If it doesn't happen that often it will probably take a long time to cause any damage, probably not urgent in that case. There's a big thread about it on OzHonda: LINK
            Ah sweet. Thanks for the link. Time for some reading.

Comment

Working...
            X