How much for clutch replacement DC5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much for clutch replacement DC5

Hey guys so I need to get a new clutch installed in my type s. Im looking at the excedy sports organic and got quoted 350 for labour and around 500 for parts. Is this good? Can labour be better? And can I find the part cheaper anywhere else? I found the udm version of the clutch for $200 cheaper but dont know if thats a good option

That labour is pretty good I think. Getting the gearbox in and out of a DC5 isn't a trivial thing.

I'd supply your own parts, the US model clutch kit will be identical. I'd just search for the cheapest one on eBay.

Comment

$350 is very good for labour costs. I recently did a clutch replacement with a mate, it was no easy matter to do pulling the subframe out. I would just supply a clutch and let them do it. $500 is a lot for parts, much cheaper on ebay (where i got mine)
      Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by abez24 View Post
        Hey guys so I need to get a new clutch installed in my type s. Im looking at the excedy sports organic and got quoted 350 for labour and around 500 for parts. Is this good? Can labour be better? And can I find the part cheaper anywhere else? I found the udm version of the clutch for $200 cheaper but dont know if thats a good option
        Hey mate, where is this at, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

I'd supply your own parts, the US model clutch kit will be identical. I'd just search for the cheapest one on eBay.
          Ive looked around on ebay and other sites for the hck-7369so (audm part) but couldnt find anything cheaper than $500. If anyone has a link to a cheaper one Im more than happy to look into it.

As for the 08806 (USDM part) theres 2 links bellow
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/08806-Exedy-...343a5b&vxp=mtr
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-EXEDY-08...519b73&vxp=mtr

They are racing clutches, not sure if thats the same as the sports organic? Either way thats them there, If anyone knows if their the same, or If anyone has the USDM model I would love to hear about it.

Comment

And as for the labour I know its a fairly pain in the ass job with the FWD, so Im happy with 350 i guess.

I would just supply a clutch and let them do it. $500 is a lot for parts, much cheaper on ebay (where i got mine)
            How did you find it on ebay mate? Cant find them anywhere other than the UDM version. Do you have a link?
            Last edited by abez24; 02-05-13, 01:07 PM.

Comment

I got the USDM version, they can be used here too .
              Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Really? awesome. So the one below is fine to use?
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-EXEDY-08...519b73&vxp=mtr

I only ask because it only has 4 springs, whereas AUDM has 6.

Comment

As the guys above suggested, you can use an RSX-S based clutch in the AUDM DC5 Type R.

The Exedy Stage 1 clutch in your link above is a step above the OEM replacement, so it can handle more power. I have the same Stage 1 clutch (08806) in my car and find its very user friendly to drive.

Are you planning on modify the car and adding a bit of power? If you're looking to keep the car relatively stock, I'd recommend sticking to an OEM Exedy replacement.
                  Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

I am looking to go for basic mods so exhaust intake and headers. So this clutch definitely sounds like what I want. I just wanted to make sure it was compatible with my type s thats all

Comment

If you just want an OEM style clutch, then the US part number to use is KHC10. I have bought this exact clutch from this seller: LINK and fitted it to a friend's DC5S with no problems. Drives just like OEM, because it's pretty likely that Exedy make the OEM clutches for Honda. If you're not interested in drag racing or having a fancy clutch then that is what I would do, my OEM clutch is still going strong after similar mods to what your planning and lots of track work.
                      Last edited by ChargeR; 02-05-13, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Id like to go something sport/heavy duty so preffer to go the stage 1 I guess

Comment

Originally posted by abez24 View Post
                          Id like to go something sport/heavy duty so preffer to go the stage 1 I guess
                          Okay if that's what you want, but remember that it's not entirely necessary. My 140,000 km old OEM clutch shows no signs of slippage or failing and I have intake, header, exhaust and kpro and have done some drag racing and lots of circuit laps.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                            Okay if that's what you want, but remember that it's not entirely necessary. My 140,000 km old OEM clutch shows no signs of slippage or failing and I have intake, header, exhaust and kpro and have done some drag racing and lots of circuit laps.
                            +1. I wish I'd gone for the OEM replacement on my motor. I just don't see any benefit in the stage 1 over an OEM for my K24 with bolt on mods.
                            Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Mmm thats a very good point
                              I might look into oem replacements
                              I just want something good that will last

Comment

Working...
                              X