DC5 Problem - Water in spare wheel area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 Problem - Water in spare wheel area

In the recent rain... my spare wheel well? (i think thats what is called)... is taking in a lot of water. Anyone know where this is leaking in from? (If it is a common dc5 problem). Im guessing some rubber seal needs replacing?

I can hear the water sloshing around when im turning/braking hard etc.

Originally posted by Kin View Post
    In the recent rain... my spare wheel well? (i think thats what is called)... is taking in a lot of water. Anyone know where this is leaking in from? (If it is a common dc5 problem). Im guessing some rubber seal needs replacing?

I know on a ek civic it was a common problem for some.
    Kin you still drive your Rx7 if your the person I thinking of on jdmst?
    ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Originally posted by Kin View Post

Tail light seals. Always dem seals.

Comment

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
        Tail light seals. Always dem seals.
        This is correct. Your tail light gasket is gone. You will need new gaskets.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
          I know on a ek civic it was a common problem for some.
          Kin you still drive your Rx7 if your the person I thinking of on jdmst?
          I'm Kin on jdmst as well. I dont drive my rx7 much - currently has some issues with ignition that i cbf'd getting fixed.

The tail light gasket is indeed gone, my passenger side tailight has been fogged up since i got the car. i didnt think that could leak in so much water!! but thanks guys

Comment

06335-S6M-305 (Tail light gasket Right side)
            06336-S6M-305 (Tail light gasket Left side)

Those are the part numbers for the facelift tail light gaskets.

I need stop being lazy and install mine.. Not nice having a swimming pool in your car
            Shak's S2000

Comment

Lmao fuk ay do you havr to spead dem cheeks.appart or is it different gaskey. Fukin sick of all dis water in my car. Smells groce.
              k20A DC2R

Comment

Originally posted by k20eg View Post
                Lmao fuk ay do you havr to spead dem cheeks.appart or is it different gaskey. Fukin sick of all dis water in my car. Smells groce.
                HAHA wut.

Comment

I must state that the two parts are identical and you only need to just flip it to be either left or right. Despite the different Part Number.

Norm

Comment

It's definately the tail light gaskets (seals) I actually spent ANZAC day yesterday with the help of a friend changing mine. It wasn't too difficult, just remove the rear bumper and tail lights, peel off the old seals from the back of the tail lights and put the new ones on. Honda charges $55 for both seals if I recall correctly.

Comment

Working...
                    X