Vibra Technics Engine Mounts for DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibra Technics Engine Mounts for DC5R

Getting new engine mounts soon and am stuck between Mugen and VibraTechnics. I want minimum vibrations as I will be stuck in commuting traffic 2 days a week. From what I've read Mugen provides the least vibrations as they are closest to stock yet are strong enough for anything on the street. Other choice I am considering is Vibra Technics ( http://www.vibra-technics.co.uk/hond...x_integra_dc5_ ) but there are very few reviews of them, although I have not seen any complaints about them. Anyone have any experience with them before ?

Also Mugen does not come with rear mounts, so is it alright if I get the Mugen set and then add on Vibra Technics reare or is it a bad idea mixing and matching ? Cheers for any input !

Have you considered Hardrace mounts?
    I have them on my car and the vibrations are very minor once the engine's warmed up.

Comment

No problem mixing mounts mate, I have the mugens with a hasport 62a in the rear, I find it a great combo with almost no noticble vibrations
      02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Im in similar situation. Bought Mugen mounts 2 years ago and now my OEM rear mount has gone. Got a Hasport 70a rear mount on the way now.

Comment

I run hardrace 62a in my dc5r, very minimum vibration! Love them
          Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Thanks guys, I have considered Hardrace but have read droning noise problems at high RPMs. I will be going to casual track days for fun only, no serious tracking for first 2 years so have never considered Hasport or Innov.

Comment

I have installed a Hardrace set of engine mounts 3 days ago and their great, vibrations are minimal and as stated before only become really noticable on a cold start at 2k RPM. I have not experienced any droning and just to clarify i purchased the hardened rubber versions not Urethane i.e Hasport or Innov im happy to answer any questions you may have.

Comment

I also have the Hardrace mounts and have been daily driving them for the past couple of months now. As stated they are only really noticeable in terms of vibrations below around 2000 RPM.

These are daily driven 50km and I am happy with them. Mugen is even softer rubber and should provide the lowest vibes, but the kit doesn't contain a rear mount like the Hardrace kit does.
                My Dc5s thread

Comment

I've been running hardrace mounts for nearly a year now. Highly recommend them.
                  Set of 4 and stiffer than mugen while still having minimal vibration.

I haven't experienced any of those drone noises at high rpm that you speak of either.

Comment

Working...
                  X