X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F7 Rear Subframe Reinforcement Brake Kit DC5/EP3

Thinking of picking one of these up...

Anyone have any experience with them?

Do they really make things that much stiffer? If nothing else they look amazing.....and how easy was the install?

Link: http://www.jdmyard.com/index.php?rou...product_id=507

From what I've herd is that their only for bling, if you're after something for better handling/cornering your best option is to buy a thicker rear sway bar. Thats just my 2 cents
    Have a read of my build thread

Comment

The difference will be nearly imperceptible, I'd wager that even a very skilled driver would have trouble discerning the difference. The rear subframe is already a quite sturdy steel pressing, and already has the OEM brace on the underside. So bolting a bit of spindly aluminium, a material that's roughly 1/3 as stiff, isn't worth the effort.

I'd buy something that will do something, for example you could pick up a used JDM DC5R rear sway bar for less than half the price of that brace, and you'll certainly notice the difference with that installed.

Comment

Already have a big fat aftermarket rear sway bar, they really work wonders.

I think i'll pick it up just for the aesthetic value.

Now knowing that it will do almost nothing, at least it will look pretty

Comment

Thanks for the help !

Comment

Working...
          X