Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF Goodrich Rival - A new competitor for the ZII, AD08, RS3 etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all, thought this might interest some guys looking for high performance street tyres. BF Goodrich are re-entering the max performance tyre class (or whatever they're calling cheater street tyres these days) with a tyre called the Rival. Interesting tread pattern, reminiscent of Kumho's Victoracers, and 200 treadwear rating means it will be eligible for all the typical street tyre track classes (Only 0.75 points at H Nationals ) though I'd question how meaningful some of these numbers are nowadays. Size range is limited at the moment, but includes a 225/45R15 which is nice for people like me stuck in the 80s with 15" wheels.

The tyre has received lots of positive press from the likes of Andy Hollis for example HERE, he's a fellow CR-X driver so he must be knowledgeable. Here's the Tirerack writeup from the same event: LINK And here's the Tirerack list of sizes available: LINK

Nice post. Good to see there is something else out there now instead of just Hankook RS3's and Toyo R1R's in 225/45-15 Max Summer Performance. Too bad they are slightly dearer than said RS3's

Comment

Not bad, 245 / 40 and 225 / 45!

Quite interested to try them.

Comment

I'll definitely be trying them, they're exactly what I'm looking for in a street tyre. Focus on dry performance in 225/45R15 and 205/50R15 sizes. I bought a set of wheels to suit just this week. The reduced tread depth and probably fairly short longevity don't both me much.

Comment

Always liked the look of the bf t/a kdw and there t/a drag radials, mainly for there sexy tread pattern and that they were the oem tyre on the us delivered mugen si civic, taking into account price and the fact tirerack should ship em no worries, these rivals could be a good thing
          02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Working...
          X