Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for some new rubber, but what to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right guys so its time for new rubber on my dc5, my wheel specs are 17x9 and 17x8 and my current tyre specs are 215,45 I'm not very knowledgable on tyres but from what I know 215 is a lot of stretch on a 9 Wide for performance but I havnt got much room to play with and prefer to keep the same spec tyres! I'm after a tyre that's very sticky and will give me a good launch as ill be timing on 1/4 mile and a track ready tyre as my car is a weekend car but also needs to be suitable for road use. Some
    Advice would be appreciated thanks

I use KU36 on my DC5 and they're the only tires out of that paradigm I have used. Previous to this, I was using Pirelli P Zero Nero tyres, and to be honest, the Ku36 are amazing. Very bang for buck, considering I only paid $700 for them delivered, while the previous owner spent 1.1K on the Neros. I have done almost 7K Kms on and they seem to be wearing well, even with my aggressive driving. Once you get a bit of heat ointo them, they stick like glue and aren't terrible in the wet.

Comment

Thanks mate for the info sounds like an option! I've considered Yokohama rd08s are they all that? Or not worth the bucks

Comment

Whose tried dunlop direzza ZII yet?
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Re: Time for some new rubber, but what to get?

RE002 best all rounder

Kseries Addict All work performed by dRHonda @ HondAYard

Comment

I have tried KU-36 and I currently have RE002s and have been running them for about 5000k's the RE-002s i believe are far superior in the wet and as mentioned by John_K20A they are a great all rounder, whereas the KU-36 was only really good and grippy once warm and in the dry.

From memory my RE002's were $195 each for 215/45/R17s hope this helps.

Comment

Federal 595 semis? Very good in dry so I've heard. Can't say much about wet.
              Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Im currently running Ku36. Amazing in dry, And sucks in the wet. Tempe tyres sell them quite cheap!

Next tyres ill be running Hankook R-S3, Similar to the ku36 But the UTQG Rating is 140 rather then the kumho 180, The Rs3 also are cheaper!

Try this sit for info
                http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Kumho...+XS+%28KU36%29
                http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Hanko...-S3+%28Z222%29

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
                Federal 595 semis? Very good in dry so I've heard. Can't say much about wet.
                Ive found these tyres to have less tread width then other tires in the same size Eg 205 50 15 Ku36 is 200mm and 595RSR is 182mm
                Last edited by Karl; 06-04-13, 08:59 AM.
                sigpic
                128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

I've had and driven on the following tyres KU36, RE001, Direzza Z1 Star Spec, RE01R, T1R, AD08, 595RS-R and for track RE55 and R888. For a street tyre, I'd have to rate AD08 at the top and Direzza Z1 Star spec is probably the best bang for buck tyre but it has to be ordered from America. I prefer RE01R > RE001 > KU36 especially in the wet.

Comment

Toyo T1 Sport is a great street tyre. If you are looking at street semi's, AD08 or R1R's are the way to go along with R-S3
                    Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
                    Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
                    Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
                    Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Working...
                    X