Mishimoto Thermostatic Sandwich Plate, Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently new product. Some people might not know about it but I thought I bring it up incase no one knows.

This Mishimoto Thermostatic Oil Sandwich Plate is a lightweight, high-flow sandwich plate built from 6061 Aluminum. The built-in thermostat prevents oil flow to the cooler...
    OVERALL SIZE
    4.02" x 3.11" x 1.18"
    (2) - M20 x 1.5" Ports

PURCHASE INCLUDES
    Thermostatic Oil Sandwich Plate
    Rubber O-ring
    Built-in Thermostat (85 Degrees C / 185 Degrees F)
    Limited Lifetime Warranty

http://www.mishimoto.com/mishimoto-t...ich-plate.html

PS - I'm not doing advertising on behalf of Mishimoto or any Official Distributor. Its just general information I thought and share and discuss. Something I might invest in when I do my k20/k24 conversion.

Norm

Hmmmm, just abit pricey tho?

also that built-in thermostat, what happens when that stops working? oil no longer flows through?

Comment

dont you like the Earls one? it is half the price?
      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by maracer View Post
        Hmmmm, just abit pricey tho?

also that built-in thermostat, what happens when that stops working? oil no longer flows through?
        that's why i chose not to use one - most parts of Australia will never get cold enough to need one, but even then - i just run a oil cooler block off plate in front of my oil cooler when going to Wakefield or Tamworth in winter...
        ... retired/

Comment

Oil doesn't flow through to the cooler if it gets stuck. It will still circulate normally though. I'm a little concerned about If that adapter will fit on the K block. There isn't much room for even a normal sandwich plate to fit in there let alone with all the extra fittings and pipings.

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
            Oil doesn't flow through to the cooler if it gets stuck. It will still circulate normally though. I'm a little concerned about If that adapter will fit on the K block. There isn't much room for even a normal sandwich plate to fit in there let alone with all the extra fittings and pipings.
            This is the reason why I didn't buy one.
            I would have had to get fittings with 1/8NPT threads for my gauge sensors too, so it would mean even less space.

I settled with the other Mishimoto sandwich plate with no thermostat.

Comment

Good points raised. Dave, did earls realease a thermostatic sandwich plate too?

I like your idea of the block off plate. Do you have any more information on how thats set up? Or is it just a plate covering the oil cooler ?

Comment

Originally posted by tRipitaka View Post
                This is the reason why I didn't buy one.
                I would have had to get fittings with 1/8NPT threads for my gauge sensors too, so it would mean even less space.

I settled with the other Mishimoto sandwich plate with no thermostat.
                There are other places that you can fit
                sensors in which will give you more accurate/better readings without tapping anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                  Good points raised. Dave, did earls realease a thermostatic sandwich plate too?

I like your idea of the block off plate. Do you have any more information on how thats set up? Or is it just a plate covering the oil cooler ?
                  in common parlance it is referred to a 'thermosat' - perhaps mishimoto is trying to be a bit cute in referring to it as a 'thermostatic' plate.

Earls remote thermostat is here: http://www.holley.com/501ERL.asp

Earls also makes sandwich thermostats but not with the right adaptor - you could find out if adding a M20 (or wahtever adapter could work) http://www.holley.com/types/Sandwich...hermostats.asp

Mocal also makes one as a sandwich plate: http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/p...Sandwich_Plate

block-off plate?

i use a piece of plastic & a locating bolt, but most hardcore racers use carboard and zip-ties
                  ... retired/

Comment

Hey Dave,

Just in reference to your statement about not running any thermostat for oil coolers and running a block off plate in front of the oil cooler.

Driving on the street, do you know what the oil temp would be with no thermostat and a block off plate. Also is it significantly longer to wait for the oil temp to come up to operating temp also?
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                      Hey Dave,

Just in reference to your statement about not running any thermostat for oil coolers and running a block off plate in front of the oil cooler.

Driving on the street, do you know what the oil temp would be with no thermostat and a block off plate. Also is it significantly longer to wait for the oil temp to come up to operating temp also?
                      my oil temp gets to around 80 pretty quick, then gradually gets to 90 (to equalize with coolant temp) after about 30-60 mins depending on ambient.
                      ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                      X