What's a good exhaust brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a good exhaust brand?

Hey guys as you may know i am still looking for a DC5R, but yet i am kinda planning ahead what mods to get after i get a DC5R,
    So as i need your help whats a good brand for exhaust, catback, headers? MY choice was spoon if i was to get the mods done, but whats your opinion guys, and if you know any pros and cons please dont hesitate to let me know as it can give me more info on the brand and the part itself.

Thanks
    Last edited by M@lew; 04-02-13, 07:25 PM.

Hey guys um just wanting to know whats a good exhaust brand?

Spoon is loud. Don't get it unless you know what your getting yourself into

Mugen twinloop/Fujitsubo rm01a are good bang for buck

Comment

will i don't want something to quite yet something also loud, but can give me a good boost on kw, is spoon really that loud? damm need to hear it from an actual dc5r owner that has spoon n1 exhaust.. is there some pros and cons bout spoon, mm mugen looses power as i have heard, fuji is pretty good.

Comment

All depends on how deep your pockets are!
        Shak's S2000

Comment

most is prob 2Gs for a part dude, will for me that is i am willing to spend most is 2g on a part, but ye first part i already plan to get tein Coils for the dc5r either mono of SS.

Comment

So 2 grand for a single part or for your whole intake, headers, and exhaust setup. Also if you are buying an exhaust you'd most likely get the whole catback.

The Fujitsubo Powergetter would be a good exhaust for you. It's quiet when driving normally, but loud when you want it to be . Can be had for quite cheap 2nd hand as well.
            Shak's S2000

Comment

Brands don't matter all the time, build quality and the actual specs of the exhausts is what matter. I'm talking more about the diameter of the exhaust, if you're going to run a cat or no cat, and other aspects relating to performance, sound, personal preference etc. All these things add up to when picking the right exhaust! Goodluck
              Last edited by itr5093; 03-02-13, 09:17 PM.
              Have a read of my build thread

Comment

will the most i am willing to spend on a part is 2Gs, will on the list now for exhaust, is j's racing, fuji power getter and spoon n1, but i was planning to go all out on spoon, like spoon headers, exhaust, b-pipe, cat back.

Comment

try this!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6xpwciZEU

Comment

Do not de-cat the dc5r. Its a $10,000 on the spot. Well I know it is in NSW. As for the brand of your exhaust its all person preference on what sound you like. Theres not much different in the gains say between spoon and js racing. As Fahad (itr5093) has mentioned its the gains are in the diameter of the exhaust but the bigger the diameter the louder is it i think. The fujistubo power getter is quiet while driving normally but when you open up the throttle it sounds amazing.
                    sigpic

Comment

There may be some items of use to you in here
                      Shak's S2000

Comment

will i be de cating if i get a b pipe? im still kinda learning few new words or phrases a bit, sorry for my noobness haha but yeah what is de cating?

Comment

Hey guys just wanting to know whats a good exhaust brand?

Originally posted by miguel410 View Post
                          will i be de cating if i get a b pipe? im still kinda learning few new words or phrases a bit, sorry for my noobness haha but yeah what is de cating?
                          Removing the catalytic converter.
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

You won't be de-cat'ing if you get a b-pipe unless its something like a j's racing 70rr exhaust lol..

The cat is part of the headers, and if you're buying 2nd hand headers they'll most likely come with a cat. If you're buying brand new headers you may have to organize to get a cat welded on. Running your car without a cat will hurt the environment and Prius owners, mainly cause of the carbon monoxides and other toxic fumes
                            Shak's S2000

Comment

Spoon n1 isnt an excessive loud exhaust. Dont believe the hype.

You're not getting yourself into anythinf bad getting a spoon catback. Had hoghway patrol next to me many times and even pulling me over last few years... not once have i been defected.

If i had to buy an exhaust for my dc5. It would be the spoon n1. 100%
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Working...
                              X