X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water stuck in axelback muffler

Hey Guys,

I've retrieved my stock axel back....

Now there is water stuck in the axel back.... I spent 15 min turning it this way that way holding it this angle, that angle etc. Still tehre is water trapped in there. I reckon 200-500ml of water. A few questions;

1 - I believe if I hook up the stock axelback the exhaust pressure will be enough to throw/push the water out of the tip? Can someone give some clarity

2 - There isnt any harm is having the water trapped int he axelback anyways right, tis right at teh end of the exhaust and I believe there would be little to non pressure going back towards the engine...

3 - I'm sure if I just hook it up eventually the heat from the exhaust will dry up the water?

HELP PLEASE lol
    Last edited by plAythiNG; 25-01-13, 07:45 AM.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

yer dont worry about it. the exhaust blows not sucks. LOL. The heat, pressure from the exhaust will get rid of it in time. Go for a hwy drive. Constant pressure and heat for 20 mins or so

Just think of all those 4wds that drive through lakes and the exhaust is submerged for some time!
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

hmm true, but u should knwo me by now karl. I'm a devils advocate. I always think wrose case scenario hah!
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

LOL true.. If it was me. i hook it up asap. And run the car. So the water doesnt just sit in there!
        sigpic
        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Sounds like the water is stuck in the packing and as suggested, hook it up and go for a long drive. If not, leave it out in the sun, tilted so the water can evaporate...which will take ages.

Don't just leave it sitting around thinking that you'll eventually hook it up, because it will just sit there eat away at your muffler. You're not just talking water, but water that is mixing with all the caked up exhaust crap, which when dissolved is acidic.
          Last edited by Apu; 25-01-13, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Thansk mate. Yeah its been sitting upright since this morning. Will hook it up on Wednesday and see how I go.
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Working...
            X