HELP! front engine mount trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys. i was changing my stock front engine mount to innovative, and from the beginning i was having having shit luck! bolts were easy to undo. but taking the stock one out took me about 1 hour of hammering. then putting the innovative one in took me another 1.5 hours due to tight space. but when i had it in it seemed impossible to line it up and bolt it . it was way too tight... i couldn't move it around! so now its just sitting there without bolts. its really tite though so its not gana fall out but i need to bolt it ASAP. so if anyone has done it before or if im suppose to do something to line it up your help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

put a jack under the motor so you can lift it a little. Make it easier to align up!
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      put a jack under the motor so you can lift it a little. Make it easier to align up!
      yea i did.. the problem is its wayy too tight as in the mount doesnt fit into where its suppose to go. and i dont want to shave rubber of the mount..

Comment

anyone??

Comment

Lubricate it? Try harder? Consider loosening the rear engine mount and subframe bolts if you think that might help line it up.

I didn't have much trouble putting in my Innovative front mount. Putting in the stock mount with ES inserts was more difficult because the inserts are bulkier. Sorry I can't really offer any help, though I think Innovative's quality control can be a bit hit or miss so maybe the bushing is to wide to fit in properly and might need some modification.

Comment

You might have to use a long bar/ screwdriver and jam it in and leverage on the mount to move it into position. It's a tight fit but it can be done.

Comment

Did you compare the new mount to the old one during install. This problem could have been forseen before you tryed to install it. Try loosening the other mounts!
              sigpic
              128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

bolted it up today. thanks guys. soapy water and tearing my muscles did the trick!

Comment

with aftermarket mounts, it makes fitting alot easier if you lightly grease up the rubber sides.

Comment

Originally posted by hello View Post
                    with aftermarket mounts, it makes fitting alot easier if you lightly grease up the rubber sides.
                    yea i was gana use grease.. but it doesn't dry up so i used real soapy water instead.

Comment

Working...
                    X