engine mount movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine mount movement

hey guys. recently installed hasport 62a engine mounts on my dc5. since last week i randomly hear squeaking here and there (a sound that i first started to hear when i noticed my stock mounts were broken) . and today i open the bonnet to see and i can see that the actual engine was shaking in its spot. so my question is when after market mounts are installed such as mine is the engine suppose to shake?.. i just need to know if i installed mine correctly before i break these mounts aswell. ps. im mainly worried about my driver side mount because thats the one thats shaking the most. thanks

who installed it?
    shouldnt move on idle

Comment

Id go through and make sure every things tight! More then likely something loss!

Also were all the mounts replaced or just the broken ones. Not a good idea mixing OEM mounts with aftermarket stiffened ones!
      sigpic
      128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

i installed them.. i made sure i torqued everything to the right torque settings. and it was a hasport kit so driver, passenger and rear were all replaced.

and its not as much moving.. its just shaking.. so its not suppose to shake at all? i might just recheck everything tomoro and see if something got lose..

Comment

is the idle smooth, or ruff and jumpy?
          sigpic
          128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

i checked today.. all nuts seem to be on there really tight.

on idle car vibrates in the interior as normal. but when looking at the engine bay.. the engine shakes slightly.. specially after spirited driving. and i can hear a knocking-squeaking sortv noise coming from the front of the car when driving..

Comment

Buy my innovative 60a red front mount... i have hasport 62a also abd was gonna insyall the front but im selling my car.
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Working...
              X