Air conditioner problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air conditioner problem

Hey guys, I have an air conditioner problem that I hope you can help me out with.

When I turned on the AC today (37 degree day in Melb!), it was blowing hot air. I figured I'd turn it off and then turn it back on in a hour or two and see if it makes any difference. Unfortunately it's still blowing hot air.

I haven't used the AC at all recently and when I think back, the last time I used it was around this time last year. So my queries are:

1. Has anyone else experienced the same problem of AC blowing hot air, and what was the cause?

2. Can you recommend a reliable place to get this AC problem fixed? (I live in Melbourne)

Any help greatly appreciated!
    Definitely need this sorted for summer
    Last edited by iVTEC_R; 09-12-12, 12:20 AM.

I think it needs a regas
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

My AC isn't icy cool compared to other cars in the house, I think it needs a regas.
      Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Originally posted by iVTEC_R View Post
        Hey guys, I have an air conditioner problem that I hope you can help me out with.

When I turned on the AC today (37 degree day in Melb!), it was blowing hot air. I figured I'd turn it off and then turn it back on in a hour or two and see if it makes any difference. Unfortunately it's still blowing hot air.

I haven't used the AC at all recently and when I think back, the last time I used it was around this time last year. So my queries are:

1. Has anyone else experienced the same problem of AC blowing hot air, and what was the cause?

2. Can you recommend a reliable place to get this AC problem fixed? (I live in Melbourne)

Any help greatly appreciated!
        Definitely need this sorted for summer
        As said above it needs a regass. the gas actually has a substance in it that rejuvenates the seals. So you should actually try and run your aircon at least once a week for 5 minutes. To keep the seals good and prevent gas leakage.
        sigpic
        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

i think it needs a regas
          I read this as 'I think it needs REGAS' haha.
          Agreeing with the other guys, i believe a re-gas is in order.

Comment

Originally posted by rookie View Post

LOL! Gotta watch my grammar there aye!
            Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone =]
              Re-gassing of the AC ey. Any recommended places in Melbourne to get this done?

Originally posted by rookie View Post
              Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
              LOL! Gotta watch my grammar there aye!
              A set of regas would do nicely too lol

Comment

Most likely low or out of gas!This means it has a leak somewhere! Ac gas is not used up in anyway by the ac system.To be low or out of gas it has a leak! Make sure u get uv dye added to the gas so the leak can be found!

May have electrical fault or faulty ac component which can also stop ac from getting cold.

Road trip to sunny Qld and I will fix it for you! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by wpg81 View Post
                  Most likely low or out of gas!This means it has a leak somewhere! Ac gas is not used up in anyway by the ac system.To be low or out of gas it has a leak! Make sure u get uv dye added to the gas so the leak can be found!

May have electrical fault or faulty ac component which can also stop ac from getting cold.

Road trip to sunny Qld and I will fix it for you! Lol
                  This is true if it happened over a short time. remember our cars are like 10 years old now! the gass is reused and not consumed. But if it took say 10 years to run out. Dont go looking for problems that arnt there!

Unless the car was in a accerdent or somthing has happened that makes you think theres a leak. just regass it! And forget the problem for a other 10!
                  sigpic
                  128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Working...
                  X