Coilover rings wont unlock!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coilover rings wont unlock!!!!!!!!!

Just got my tein SS put in yesterday and Ive been trying to adjust them. Got the rears done with some effort, however fronts will not budge a freaking millimetre! Ive been at it for hours with no success. PLEASE HELP ME UNLOCK THESE THINGS!!! Ive tried heat gun, wd-40 (even though can is nearly empty), hammering the C-spanners, hammering a freaking screwdriver...now sucess...
    Any tips???

Lol had the same problem with my zeals. Chances are they are totally seized. My mechanic and I decided to cut off the ring and put a new one on.

Comment

ahhh crap are you serious? that sounds like alot of work....Is there any other way? How could they be totally seized??!

Comment

also the thread is clean as f@#$. And they were professionally installed, could they still be seized?

Comment

Could be a pretty dumb qs but are you spinning them the right way?

Comment

Get two large multi grips. get a mates hand and both pull opposite directions!
            sigpic
            128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Ive tried both ways, first clockwise, then anti-clockwise because i was going crazy and thought id try it out. Both ways dont budge at all. The coilover doesnt even move slightly like it did in the rears...
              As for the multi-grips, Id need them to be fairly small as the rings arent very thick...Ive tried using both C-spanners in opposite dirrections, and still no success...

Comment

Originally posted by abez24 View Post
                Ive tried both ways, first clockwise, then anti-clockwise because i was going crazy and thought id try it out. Both ways dont budge at all. The coilover doesnt even move slightly like it did in the rears...
                As for the multi-grips, Id need them to be fairly small as the rings arent very thick...Ive tried using both C-spanners in opposite dirrections, and still no success...
                You need them large so you get alot of leverage. You can get big thin ones. LOL

Or weld some pipe onto the C spanner for the leverage!
                sigpic
                128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

mm i see, makes sense. Ill see what i have lying around the good ol' garage, see if i can get something to add leverage...

Comment

Ended up drowning it with WD40 and hammering the C-Spanners carefully to unlock the rings. I must say i thought they would be impossible to come off! Thanks heaps guys!

Comment

Haha, nice. Glad to hear it worked out.

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
                      Lol random story - I was trying to undo a bolt (I think it was for the brake hub or something) and for some reason, me and two other friends couldn't get it undone. We literally spent around half an hour trying to undo it; doing all sorts of shit to apply more torque. After we were all sweating and fed up, my friend suddenly goes, "hey ... we're tightening it ..." Fifty face palms later, we turned the bolt anti-clockwise and off came the bolt ...

Comment

Haha same story here for my last oil change. Spent an hour trying to get the bolt undone. Embarrassing.

Comment

Mine were stuck when i got my Zeals too, i took it to a local suspension shop that had C spanners that you could put it a 1/2 wrench in to and then used a 2 foot breaker bar to move them and lots of Inox.

Comment

Yup, 1/2 inch rachet into the C spanner...and you'll know which way you're supposed to turn.

Comment

i had this same problem. if you havnt figured it out yet. lock that spanner they supply to you. then get a pole or hallow rod of some sort, put the spanner in the rod and just turn it. it will be like a home made breaker bar lol. worked for me.. i use that technique for almost any bolt that is tight.

Comment

Working...
                              X