disrespectful mates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disrespectful mates

this in somewhat probably a pointless thread. but i wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this issue of friends who don't respect your car and do things in or around it that you don't like.

I'm sure every one here is like me, loves their car and have a goal of keeping it clean and mint. i try to be very careful with the way i do things and try my best to make everyone else around me (friends) treat my car the way i want! unfortunately it cant always be done.

recently one of my mates decided to lean on the rear guard of my car. it happened to pop all the way in, then pop back out after he realised what he had done. the result... a massive dent that is very noticeable. now i know that he didn't do it on purpose and i could tell he was genuinely sorry. if that wasn't the case i wouldv ended it in a violent fight lol. having said that though... leaning on other peoples cars your just not suppose to do! or smoking without asking! or getting in it while stuffing up my recaros and shifting gears like its a toy car! i know we don't drive ferraris but i like to think its common courtesy and ethics to respect other peoples cars and treat it like your own!

heres some pics of the dent. it doesn't look like much in the photos by in person its really noticeable

does anyone else feel the same way or has experienced something like this?

I know how you feel Ameer! Has happened to my old car and a couple of my mates cars

Unfortunately they only learn their lesson once the damage has already been done..
    Shak's S2000

Comment

I had a bunch of mates that would kick a football up and down the street where everyones cars were parked, never made any damage but it was so hard trying to explain why i dont like footballs bouncing on my roof!!

Comment

I hate ppl leaning on my car just for fear of them scratching it with some metal on their clothing...

So is he gonna pay for the repair of your dent? That or just ask him to give you head and you'll call it even...

Sent from my GT-I9100

Comment

Originally posted by rayDC2R View Post
          I hate ppl leaning on my car just for fear of them scratching it with some metal on their clothing...

So is he gonna pay for the repair of your dent? That or just ask him to give you head and you'll call it even...

Sent from my GT-I9100
          hahaha! ladies can dent my car all they like then :P he offered to pay for fixing it. ill just see how much it costs first because he is a close friend of mine

Comment

I get so pissed of seeing someone or someone attempt to lean on my car.

Even had a mate lean on my girlfriend at the times shitbox and I flamed the fucker for that.

Are people that lazy they can't stand on their own two feet?

Quote:
            Originally Posted by justinfox
            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

There's a way to pop it back out that I've tried myself on my car when i had someone do that my car, don't know who because I realised it after coming home one day.

The way I popped mine back out was with o2 in can and hairdryer technique. Worked awesome and back to normal.

But definitely understand your situation. Treat those the way you want to be treated in my books, and if they can't acknowledge that then what sort of person/friend are they.

Comment

ha ha - i love having an ex-tamworth VTiR - stone chipped when i bought it, now race-worn as well...

i have no problems with people sitting/leaning on my car... i usually sit on the bonnet...

or drinking/eating inside...

that said - ever since my dad taught me a very valuable insight to cars, i have always been respectful of others "pride and joy"...

"don't lean agaisnt the car!"

"I'm not leaning hard dad..."

"that doesnt matter - you are rubbing against the dust on the paint - that's like you are sandpapering it!"

"oh... Okay..."
                ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                  ha ha - i love having an ex-tamworth VTiR - stone chipped when i bought it, now race-worn as well...

i have no problems with people sitting/leaning on my car... i usually sit on the bonnet...

or drinking/eating inside...

that said - ever since my dad taught me a very valuable insight to cars, i have always been respectful of others "pride and joy"...

"don't lean agaisnt the car!"

"I'm not leaning hard dad..."

"that doesnt matter - you are rubbing against the dust on the paint - that's like you are sandpapering it!"

"oh... Okay..."
                  Nailed it David
                  CLEMENTE

Comment

True story dave! Years ago my mate got a GTR and it was dirty when he came to work. I thought it would be funny if I labelled it a Honda by using my finger to write it on the dust in his car. He was pissed off and told me doing that scratches the paint. I learnt my lesson and it was a disrespectful act. Don't sketch on anyone's dirty pride and joy...

Sent from my GT-I9100

Comment

Originally posted by rayDC2R View Post
                      True story dave! Years ago my mate got a GTR and it was dirty when he came to work. I thought it would be funny if I labelled it a Honda by using my finger to write it on the dust in his car. He was pissed off and told me doing that scratches the paint. I learnt my lesson and it was a disrespectful act. Don't sketch on anyone's dirty pride and joy...

Sent from my GT-I9100
                      yes - when we spend hundreds of dollars *just* on products to look after our cars, we shouldnt have to put 'don't touch' signs on them... but yet - some people dont understand untill they're made aware of it...
                      ... retired/

Comment

I find that the only people who do this don't really give a f##k about cars in general, i have had it happen to me and i wasn't happy. If your mate was genuinely sorry then he has learned his lesson and wont do it again. Hopefully you can just pop it out yourself. May i suggest you try a GPS/ Car Phone Cradle suction cap and pull the dint out. works a treat.

With smoking/eating/drinking in the car don't let it slide man, if you don't like it speak up and don't let them. I can tell you one thing, the fabric used for Recaros stains very easily and wouldn't risk it. Not to mention the results of a rogue lit ash from a smoke.

Kseries Addict All work performed by dRHonda @ HondAYard

Comment

I get shitty when people lean on my old beater E30 let alone my ITR. I threw a bag of groceries across a carpark when I found a middle aged women sitting it on my boot and resting her trolly on my bumper (scratched up the paintwork as well)... I may or may not have kicked her trolly into her X5 as well. It may be a 27yo BMW... but it's my car!

Paintless dent removal is your solution, it's relatively cheap as I found out after a colleague took kids out into the carpark to check out different tyres.
                          1988 CRX
                          1999 Integra Type R
                          2020 Civic Type R

Comment

yea i definatly speak up now.. i use this as a example so people dont think im wierd i warn others too.. the way i see it if you dont want it to happen to your car dont let it happen to others, and one day someone will do the same for you when your not around

im going to have a crack at removing the dent my self. if not paintless dent remover should do the trick i guess.

Comment

Working...
                            X