Rear window tinting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear window tinting?

Dropped by solar style window tinting the other day and they mentioned it might be a hassle tinting the rear window of the DC5.

Reason being is those little "carbon circles" (best way i can describe them) covering a lot of area.

He suggested to tint over it and push as much air bubbles out as possible.

I'm curious how you guys have done it.

Theres carbon circles in the rear? My dc5's rear window is tinted. Idk what the guy is talking about but its not that hard.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeh up the top of the window near the roof. Just get it tinted, there will be small air bubbles around each circle but it will be minimal. Can't do much about it. It's not really noticeable

Comment

My tint just stops there, but I did notice my old tint was starting to peel in that area before I replaced it.

Comment

M@lew,
          How does it look if the tint just stops there? significant difference between the two sections?

btw, any suggestions on who's good for the job? I've heard solarstyles decent but would like to know others as well.

Comment

Mine never bubled. Even the old tint. Maybe im just lucky.
            sigpic

Comment

Martin from team ground zero tinting In blacktown
              Lifetime warranty
              And most likely ve cheaper than other places too

Comment

Originally posted by arman View Post
                M@lew,
                How does it look if the tint just stops there? significant difference between the two sections?

btw, any suggestions on who's good for the job? I've heard solarstyles decent but would like to know others as well.
                Looks fine, can't really tell. Unless you're crazy pedantic it doesn't make a difference. (Plus you'll probably feel even worse when it starts to come loose down the track)

I'll try and get a photo when I can for you.

Comment

Working...
                X