Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is needed when installing coilovers DC5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is needed when installing coilovers DC5?

Hey Everyone,
    So Im looking into getting coilovers for my DC5-S. Probably tien SS or Buddyclub N+, nothing too crazy obviously as i dont have the $$.
    Just wondering, other than the coilovers themselves, is there anything else needed to be purchased/added for the set up?

Maybe some front camber bolts, inverted tie rods, and a rear camber kit. All depends on how low you're gonna go and the specs of your wheels. You could probably get away without having the tie rods but the camber bolts and rear camber kit will be a good addition!
    Shak's S2000

Comment

are they necessary for the installation though? or do the coilovers just bolt on?
      And what will the extra mods do ? Id like to go as low as possible, Ive only got stock wheels at the moment.
      sorry for the annoying questions, havent ever had coilovers.

Comment

You don't need anything else to install coilovers. If all you want is to go low as possible, just slam it and be done with it. If you are after suspension performance, that is a whole different subject.

Comment

Oh ok awesome. Yea suspension and performance will be looked at soon when i have more $$
          thanks a lot

Comment

They aren't necessary but you'll probably get them later on I guess, just mentioning them now lol
            Shak's S2000

Comment

Thats cool man cheers! I just want to get them in for now and see how low i can go. From there ill play with camber and stuff like that. I want a fairly aggressive fitment so ill probably need to get the other mods at some stage.

Comment

You only need adjustable tie rod ends and camber bolts if you are looking to gain more than 2.25 degrees camber. That's what I'm limited to on my DC5R with Tein HA wound all the way to the bottom

Comment

I'm looking at the upgrade next.
                  Here is where you get Tie rods
                  http://www.dvrace.com/tierods.html
                  And people generally go with Ingalls camber bolts

Comment

Working...
                  X