DC5-S front lip mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5-S front lip mods?

So im looking into the mugen lip kits for my 04 DC5 .In doing this i have found that the pre 05 models wont be compatible with the lip ive found on ebay. In researching it looks like my front end looks the same as the 05 model, so i ask is the type s compatible with these lips where the R is not? and also i would like to know what the quality of Polyurethane is.
    bellow is the link to the lip ive found. If anyone else knows where a good quality lip can be bought for a decent price this would also help
    thankyou

Originally posted by abez24 View Post
    In doing this i have found that the pre 05 models wont be compatible with the lip ive found on ebay. In researching it looks like my front end looks the same as the 05 model, so i ask is the type s compatible with these lips where the R is not?
    So you have a 2004 base model? I don't think you've worded your question right. But if you have a facelift DC5 ie: your headlights don't have to two tear drops along the bottom of them, and the lip is designed for an 05-06 Type S it will fit as they have the same facelift front end. If the lip is made for an AUDM Type R (pre facelift) it won't fit, JDM might be a different story though. Polyurethane is quite a durable plastic because its not brittle so it wont snap easily if your car is low and you scrape a gutter or similar. It can also be manipulated to fit correctly with a hair dryer lol and you will no doubt have to do this if its a replica lipand you want it to fit nicely. I can't see the link btw, might be because I'm on my phone though

Comment

Lol dont know why but the link didnt post, anyways should be below now
      http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/05-06-Acu...a0a717a&_uhb=1

As for my car it is an 04 Type S, sorry about the confusion. It does not have the tear drops, same front as the link bellow.

And I find it interesting that you say its good quality, i was worried it would be crap. So your saying if its a replica, modification to the physical bumper itself is necessary?

Comment

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?um=1...w=1536&bih=748

Comment

That will fit...

If you have the facelift DC5, that lip is for the facelift.

Comment

Originally posted by abez24 View Post
            And I find it interesting that you say its good quality, i was worried it would be crap. So your saying if its a replica, modification to the physical bumper itself is necessary?
            Just for the record I am always a fan of genuine products and not replica parts, but at the price and availability this is at I can see why your looking at it.

As for the quality, the actual type of plastic itself is quite durable, as I said its not usually a brittle material so it can handle a few bumps and knocks which most front lips will encounter. Regarding the fitment however you may need to heat up the lip and bend and press certain parts so it runs along the bumper nicely, test fit it first to see where the gaps are, as it's a replica there will probably be some, and then heat up and modify the bits that aren't quite right, you can also use double sided tape which it should come with to hold it tight to the bumper, if you have to buy some of this make sure you get the strongest stuf you can find. I'm a bit pedantic but if your going to put it on you may as well get it looking as good as possible. You shouldn't have any fitment issues with a genuine Mugen lip however, but then you'll be out of pocket over 1K which may be better spent on other areas of the car

I think I've answered your question now

Ryan

Comment

Yes you have answered it quite well. Genuine is over 1k WTF!!!! thats redon-culous! Well I just wanted to make sure my model was the face lift model as I was told it was 05 and up, however my front end is the exact same as the link i posted. Im a little worried about the heating and bending side of it as i dont want to make it look dodgey. Maybe the pannel shop were they spray it maybe able to help out? Im not sure, but i guess ill ask and find out. Really want this lip as it makes the car look so different and bad ass!! Thanks a lot guys!

Comment

Working...
              X