Servicing DC5 costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Servicing DC5 costs

So im just about to get my new dc5 type s serviced, its a major service at 80,000kms. I got told by my mechanic im looking at around $800 for the service...Seeing as my last service for my old commodore that i used to have, and it was $130, it has made me wonder if this is a good price or not...Just wondering how much people have paid for this service, and also how much a normal service costs for a dc5 type s

Normal major service costs normally around that price.

Comment

Just weigh up what needs to be done do it or self if you have enough experience.

CAN DO YOURSELF
      Oil
      Oil filter
      Spark plugs
      Air filter
      Check brakes

With assistance
      Clean throttle body.
      flush power steering
      flush brake fluid.
      flush radiator coolant
      Gearbox oil

Recommend Expert

Fuel filter (in tank i believe, change 80kms)
      adjust the valve clearances,

Think that would be it?

Our workshop would charge about $720-750 to do all this, majority of cost is labour. But also iridium spark plugs and stupid in tank filter is not cheap these days. Fluids are starting to become ridiculous too now!
      Last edited by Flippit; 12-10-12, 07:37 PM.
      S2000
      WSID : TBA
      Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
      Smooth As Detailing
      Incar Racing

Comment

Wow that sounds like a bit of work
        But I'd rather get a proffessional to so it as I wouldn't know how do it. Didnt realise it would be that much...oh well not much i can do
        What about a normal service? How much are they roughly for a dc5?

Comment

Originally posted by abez24 View Post
          Wow that sounds like a bit of work
          But I'd rather get a proffessional to so it as I wouldn't know how do it. Didnt realise it would be that much...oh well not much i can do
          What about a normal service? How much are they roughly for a dc5?
          Probably about $150 for a normal service give or take?

Oil
          Oil filter
          Check/clean/replace air filter
          S2000

Flippit Photography
          Smooth As Detailing
          Incar Racing

Comment

Hi abez24,

The only thing on Flippit's list that you'd probably need some help to do is the valve adjustment. If you could please provide a list or tools you have, or possibly wish to purchase to perform some of the services above, we'd gladly help you. However, draining the oil, change oil filter and filing up the oil can easily save you $120-$150 of what some workshops may charge. Spark plug changes are a simple bolt off and bolt back on, only need a spark plug socket to magnetically hold on to the spark plug whilst you raise it up. Cleaning the throttle body and draining and replacing the transmission fluid is quite straight forward tasks. If you'd give the members a chance on this forum to help you of each stage of the servicing process, I guarantee you'll not only save $$, you'll get experience and not be afraid to do DIY's again.

Remember, 1 year ago, I wouldn't even dare touch my engine bay. I've looked up forums, DIY's from www.clubrsx.com and I haven't regretted it since. Take up the challenge too! We'll bring that $800 service bill down to ~$300-$400, easily! And it can be accomplished within a period of 7 days if you have the right tools.

Norm

Comment

Well I've got a general set of tools,or atleast my dad does. I'm sure I'd have what is necessary for most of what's listed but have no idea where to start. However I'm more than happy to read what everyone has to say and learn how to do it.
              I think this time ill let the mechanic do it but ill watch as he does it seeing he does it at my home and hopefully with the information provided by others ill be understand what the mechanic is doing and maybe do it myself next time

Comment

Look up the DIY garage. http://forums.clubrsx.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132. www.k20a.org has great DIY threads too!

Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
                  Just weigh up what needs to be done do it or self if you have enough experience.

CAN DO YOURSELF
                  Oil
                  Oil filter
                  Spark plugs
                  Air filter
                  Check brakes

With assistance
                  Clean throttle body.
                  flush power steering
                  flush brake fluid.
                  flush radiator coolant
                  Gearbox oil

Recommend Expert

Fuel filter (in tank i believe, change 80kms)
                  adjust the valve clearances,

Think that would be it?

Our workshop would charge about $720-750 to do all this, majority of cost is labour. But also iridium spark plugs and stupid in tank filter is not cheap these days. Fluids are starting to become ridiculous too now!

What about belts and water pump. Also i wouldnt do the brake fluid until the next brake change.
                  sigpic
                  128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                    What about belts and water pump. Also i wouldnt do the brake fluid until the next brake change.
                    waterpump would not have to be looked at unlike the B18's.
                    Drive belt can be checked for signs of wear or cracks but is more like a 100km job or was is 60k ? Can't remember!
                    S2000

Flippit Photography
                    Smooth As Detailing
                    Incar Racing

Comment

Just do a visual on the belt. It should be good. I'm on 120 thou on original belt ad it's still looking good. Don't worry about the water pump, it's a K series

Comment

Just had my major service at honda and it costed me $880. They will do the major service and list all the recommendations that is required to be done. For certain items you can easily do it yourself eg, Wiper blades, etc

Comment

Update over the weekend.

Minor service including oil/oil filter - $120 logbook stamped by Top One

My car 120k major service, but it was really a minor(as I changed intake filter, cabin filter, brake fluid already) including oil/oil filter, machine rotors and labour to remove and refit rotors, and also diagnose a knocking noise with the car - $235 logbook stamped by Top One.
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

wow didnt realise how expensive they were! The minor service price is good but $880 is a big jump! oh well, im booked in for the end of the month, see how i go

Comment

Working...
                            X