Aus Suspension Mod Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aus Suspension Mod Rules

Guys, there in australia, what are the rules and regulations for modifying vehicles? like for example is vehicle certification required for adjustable suspension? and do you guys have a vehicle warrant of fitness like what we have here in NZ?

I am asking because, adjustable suspension for DC5 or EP3 is not allowed here in NZ, due to that steering arm bracket welded to the actual strut, which kinda weird because factory strut's steering arm bracket is welded aswell. anyway,,, so yeah,, and I'll be working there in aussie nextyear, so thinking of buying another dc5 jdm when I got there nextyear

thanks
    Last edited by M@lew; 08-10-12, 07:17 AM.

I'm not 100% on the adjustable suspension thing but annually we have to pay:

Pink slip (Warrant of fitness)
    Green slip (Insurance)
    Registration

Comment

In NSW there is law of heights, how low is your car. i think min is no lower than coke can of front of your car?

But having Coilover (adjustable suspension) there isnt any rules and regulations having them just make sure they're not too lowed

And iamvinny is right. but i dont think Green Slip is insurance, insurance...

Comment

Technically coil overs are illegal unless they har an engineering cert

But most of the time it's dont ask don't tell. You can easily pass pink slips with coil overs

Comment

Originally posted by Viikfacee View Post
          In NSW there is law of heights, how low is your car. i think min is no lower than coke can of front of your car?

But having Coilover (adjustable suspension) there isnt any rules and regulations having them just make sure they're not too lowed

And iamvinny is right. but i dont think Green Slip is insurance, insurance...
          100mm from the Lowest part of the body (this includes your exhaust/sway bars etc - ask me how I know )

Coilovers - in theory must meet ADRs.

Green slip is cover for other people you might injure, not the cars, property etc.
          1988 CRX
          1999 Integra Type R
          2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Working...
          X