Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are ITRs stolen a lot in AU?

Hey ClubITR owners,

Are DC2Rs and DC5Rs big targets for thefts here?

I'm from the States where ITRs are posted stolen just about one a week.

Looking to get one here. Just wanted to know your thoughts.

Thanks,
    chikai

i don't think ITR got stolen alot over here. But i'm pretty sure the Recaro seats is a bigger target.

by the way, i think this is the wrong section to post this.
    For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

Moved to lounge. By no means does this belong in events. Please be careful with where you post threads.
      "No Matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave" (Truss, 2003, p.44).

Comment

seems like the recaro theft been quiet for a while....hope they target on other car rather then our beloved DC2 and DC5.....Colt turbo maybe.....lol....
        Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
        1)ブレーキを踏む
        2)クラッチを切る
        3)シフトダウンしなから、
          アクセルをぶかす
        4)クラッチをつなぐ
        :blah:
        インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
        人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

EVO have recaro too.

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
            seems like the recaro theft been quiet for a while....hope they target on other car rather then our beloved DC2 and DC5.....Colt turbo maybe.....lol....
            damn you Hopefully that's not the case. And, my Recaro shit all over Evo 9's
            For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

Originally posted by lovesil View Post
              OI!
              Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

Originally posted by Manny View Post
                OI!
                ROFL
                Nobody knows who I really am, I never felt this empty before, And if I ever need someone to come along, Who's gonna comfort me, and keep me strong? We are all rowing the boat of fate, The waves keep on coming and we can't escape, But if we ever get lost on our way, The waves would guide you through another day

Comment

ITRs are not stolen but the Recaro's inside are stolen...

They have a big demand compared to the Recaro's in EVOs and stuff especially since you get them in different colours lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Edw-R View Post
                    EVO have recaro too.
                    Yeah.......No point stealing the recaro's in the evo...unless you have a fat ass.

mannypants.jpg
                    Originally posted by lovesil View Post
                    if you have a DC5/2..yes.......ur seats are alot better then ours

OI!
                    Truth hurts
                    Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

Says the bloke who is wider than I...
                      Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

it all depends where you are moving to.

Comment

LOL play nice!

Comment

Says the bloke who is wider than I...
                            Really......hmm.....

Originally posted by hebe View Post
                            LOL play nice!
                            All in good fun, Mo
                            Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

We are quite lucky here in Australia as far as vehicle theft is concerned. Although our numbers were quite bloated in the late 1990's a combination of new vehicle security becoming standard coupled with greater owner theft-awareness has led to a gradual decline of vehicle left rates as we near 2007.

Unfortunately when getting down to vehicle specifics the Honda Integra in general (luxury, Type R and Type S) has performed consistently poorly though theft tests by Australian motoring giants such as NRMA. From the NRMA's "theft scale" measured from 0-110 (with the higher score being the more secure) the Integra consistently scored dismally (around 30-40 depending on model).

The scoring points comprise of

***Theft from - ease of entry and theft from the vehicle and includes features like door lock support, lock mechanisms, Alarm system, stereo security, no lock cylinder in the trunk lid, locking wheel nuts and lockable split fold rear seats.

***Vehicle Identification - the number of Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) body stampings on the vehicle, self-voiding security labels and microdots.

***Theft Resistance - the level of security provided by the vehicle's engine immobiliser.

(It should be noted that in a 2000-2001 study of car thefts in South Australia the lack of an engine immobilizer only resulted in 100 less cars from that category being stolen, although a significant difference, it hardly solidifies confidence in vehicle immobilizers.)

In the same South Australian study, of the 1,440 cars stolen over the course of two years only 2 were Honda's. Of course this number is not properly representative of each state.

For most cars stolen in Australia the Honda Integra is nowhere near the top 20 (that position is dominated by older Holden, Ford and Toyota's), however it's been consistently stated by the Australian Institute of Criminology since 1990 that "Sports Cars are the most high [theft] risk cars to own", simply the number of sedans far outweighs the number of registered sports cars, suing this result.

In short, Honda Integra's have a pathetic and laughable theft rating, ALTHOUGH this does not directly correlate to theft rates. As long as you keep your car parked in a private garage, ensure your immobilizer is functional, keep your car locked (with the sunroof and windows closed) when you leave your car for any length of time and ensure any valuables (even sunglasses) are kept out of view, then you should be fine.
                              I did a bad bad thing.....

Comment

Working...
                              X