Insurance for EP3R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance for EP3R

Hey guys, I know this question has probably been brought up many times, but I can't seem to find it using the search function.

Anyway, I will be purchasing an EP3R soon and I would like to know how much it costs you guys to insure your EP3's? Which company would you guys recommend? I am 18, but the car will be insured under my dads name so it will be cheaper. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Alex

Some insurers won't even bother with you if you don't have an alarm/immobilized installed as its an import

Having experience driving performance cars lowers your premiums too.

Other then that it's the usual ASL qualifiers

I'm with NRMA. AAMI straight out rejected insuring imports :/
    Idk how much it was for me lol
    Last edited by fr4n; 08-07-12, 10:27 PM.

Comment

I was the other way around NRMA wouldnt insure mine because it was a import but that's like a few years back, Try Just cars.
      ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Originally posted by fr4n View Post

Having experience driving performance cars lowers your premiums too.
        Lol wut?

Why dont u put the insurance under ur name? Start building up a profile with insurer. I been with aami for 3 years now. I have now managed to renew my policy and get a nice 12.5% discount.. Perhaps if u cant afford full comp under ur name, dont buy the ep?
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Full comp with Justcar under my name would be about $4200 for the EP3. It doesn't really matter what car it is though, insurance for an 18yo is bloody expensive. I was very close to buying a Golf GT 1.4 TSi, insurance with AAMI was also $4200. At this stage I will just insure it under my dads name, then in a few years I'll put it under my name so it will be cheaper. Does anybody know if Justcar will give a little discount if I have 3 other full comp policies with AAMI currently? (they are the same company or whatever right?) I know we always get good discounts when we add additional policies with AAMI.

Cheers,

Alex
          Last edited by dfdc2r; 09-07-12, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
            Lol wut?

Why dont u put the insurance under ur name? Start building up a profile with insurer. I been with aami for 3 years now. I have now managed to renew my policy and get a nice 12.5% discount.. Perhaps if u cant afford full comp under ur name, dont buy the ep?
            Why do that when my mums been driving an slk 350 Amg for the last 5 years and has a long friendly history with Nrma? Compared to me who's first and previous was a ek1 with an accident history.

Comment

Tried Shannons? Or do they have an issue with newer drivers?
              1988 CRX
              1999 Integra Type R
              2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Originally posted by fr4n View Post
                Why do that when my mums been driving an slk 350 Amg for the last 5 years and has a long friendly history with Nrma? Compared to me who's first and previous was a ek1 with an accident history.
                Cos for some of us, we do not rely on our parents for everything, and you're going to eventually have to put insurance under your name, or will you continue to have it under your mothers name till she is in her grave?. but kudos to you and your mum who has a merc amg. not too sure why u letting us know what car your mum drives, is it an ego thing?
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                  Cos for some of us, we do not rely on our parents for everything, and you're going to eventually have to put insurance under your name, or will you continue to have it under your mothers name till she is in her grave?. but kudos to you and your mum who has a merc amg. not too sure why u letting us know what car your mum drives, is it an ego thing?
                  That's great you have a 12.5% discount and all that. Why you having a go at me for suggesting something to the OP is out of my comprehension.
                  Last edited by fr4n; 09-07-12, 02:33 PM.

Comment

a mate of mine was able to insure his 2004 facelift ep3r via the online quote, maybe give them a call if your car is not appearing?

edit: with NRMA

Comment

You cant insure with AAMI because they will transfer you to Just car. They are all under the same company thats why. Suncorp bank = AAMI = Just car = Shannons

For me personally, the price for full comprehensive with premium all the way up is 1.66K + 15% from WTAC + being a 20 year old.

This year it is 1.4K with no 15% off and its going to get cheaper because like Alex said im building a profile and have a rating of 2 at the moment.
                      Last edited by stienerv2; 01-08-12, 06:41 PM.
                      Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Working...
                      X