Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats your opinion on this DC5R?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/haber...dc5/1003139872

its pretty cheap but it doesn't have logbooks and im not the biggest fan of the front bodykit and mirrors but that can always be changed. It looks a bit dodgey but im probably gonna go have a look at it to get a proper opinion. Whats your opinion? would you buy it? do you think not having log books is a big no no?

i would most def be concerned about the lack of logbooks, also that it's an 02 model and has only 80,000kms while not impossiple, is a bit out of the ordinary
    there was a black dc5r darting around a while back that was a repaired right off, was from victoria and last i seen was for sale in qld, can't be sure that this is it but i wouldn't be supprised
    Last edited by gunpoons; 27-06-12, 05:05 PM.
    02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

gumtree = dodgy (in my mind), and i havent even clicked the link...
      ... retired/

Comment

Hearing about that written off black type r makes me more iffy about it now, if i am happy with the my visual inspection ill probably get stateroads to inspect it and find out if its been in any major accidents or anything. yeah i agree, gumtree is pretty dodgy.

Comment

i'd stay away from that car !
          Shak's S2000

Comment

I wouldn't trust gumtree either.
            By the way, for the record so you all know, that black dc5, i had a full stripped interior, no boot, no carpet etc...
            So i would be pretty sure that's not the same one your all thinking plus also keep in mind, VicRoads and the RTA are linked...
            So every written off car is shared in their database i think..

Comment

just spoke to him and apparently the front has been in a minor accident where someone has reversed into it :/ and according to him it has "no mechanical problems what so ever". going to check it out on friday but i still find something about it dodgy but well see how we go.

Comment

hmmmmmmmm 80,000kms for an 02 model sounds abit sus. Make sure you check all the bolts on around the front bumper and guards to make sure their the same colour and that they haven't been tampered with.
                Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                  I wouldn't trust gumtree either.
                  By the way, for the record so you all know, that black dc5, i had a full stripped interior, no boot, no carpet etc...
                  are you sure? i thought when it was for sale in qld it had been put back together, i could be wrong though, i can't remember for sure,
                  i do remember that it had a debaged rear like this one though
                  02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

The written off black DC5 here in Melb had only about 8,000km and got sold up to QLD. It had full interior just not installed. May have had a cluster swap from memory since it was for sale again with suss conditions as a member here inquired about it. It had front chassis damage which is why it couldn't be repaired.

Looking at the car above though, the written off DC5 didn't have a red rocker cover and different SRI intake. (You wouldn't go SRI -> SRI would you? )

Comment

Originally posted by kevv919 View Post
                      just spoke to him and apparently the front has been in a minor accident where someone has reversed into it :/ and according to him it has "no mechanical problems what so ever". going to check it out on friday but i still find something about it dodgy but well see how we go.
                      at least he is local & not from O/S - could be legit
                      ... retired/

Comment

im hoping its legit cos it would be an absolute steal for $16000

Comment

Working...
                        X