About to buy a DC5S - need opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grrrr! Guys don't scare me, it's all paid for now. Haha
    But yeah, it's mostly delamination around the shift boot. I'm thinking of making my own from leather/vinyl material. Red stitch perhaps? Or any better ideas?
    How would a red ITR carpet look on a BOM ITS?

Comment

Mhmh. I'm sure you can source a used carpet on ebay of some sort for a cheap price right? If not jus get a floor covering to cover it. The interior honestly is the lesser of your problems. Just make sure the engine is running well mate!

Norm

Comment

If u wanna go aftermarket shift boot. U wanna get dc5r gearkbob, or aftermarket. Type s knob isnt just a screw on like type r. It has a clip that clips into that plastic part at the top of the worn shift boot.
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Engine seems good guys, good compression, no smoke - nothing out of the ordinary according to the two separate mechanics I had look at the car.

As for the shifter, the shifter still has a thread on it for a screw on, doesn't it?

Comment

Did some research, screw thread is there. Silly me.
            Is it possible to remove the shift boot to gear knob adapter from the stock boot? And just zip tie it onto the new one?

Comment

Is possible

Comment

Comment

Yeah mate, I diy'd it. Take a look at my diy shift boot thread.

Comment

Working...
                  X